iPad Pro Release Date Imminent as iOS 8 Beta Feature Split-Screen Multitasking Leaked on Video
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 16, 2014 11:07 AM EST
The latest iOS 8 beta download from Apple brings with it a number of fresh features to the iPhone and iPad. Third-keyboards, quick reply texting and enhanced privacy are among the latest features of the new iOS 8 from the Cupertino tech giant. Undoubtedly, these new features that come with the iOS 8 beta download make the iDevices more enticing to buyers.
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
Although the WWDC 2014 announcement did not bring fans everything that has been rumoured, like the split-screen multitasking for the iPad. All hope is not yet lost even though HairForceOne and the rest of Apple made no mention of it at the WWDC 2014.
Steve Troughton, one of the Apple devs, found something interesting recently. He revealed via a tweet with caption "UISimulatedApplicationResizeGestureEnabled," four pictures of the ability to adjust where a window is located on Apple's tablet. It is still unknown why Apple kept quiet about this functionality of the iOS 8 beta download but this revelation is a good indication that the feature is coming soon.
To say the least, the split-screen multitasking shown in this newest version of the iOS 8 beta download is pretty rough thus far. If Apple is indeed planning to copy this Windows 8 feature, it means that it will be another reason for tablet buyers to purchase the iPad rather than a Microsoft tablet. In addition to having access to the latest and best apps, which includes the Microsoft Office, the reasons to purchase an iPad are growing with the release of the new iOS 8.
With the Cupertino tech giant tending to separate its software announcements from hardware it is odd that the company would keep the split-screen multitasking feature a secret. Some reports indicate that the feature is not yet ready for launch and the formal announcement for the iOS 8 beta inclusion will be in 2015.
But then again, it might not be the case as the single app per screen model worked perfectly for them up until this point. On the other hand, using fullscreen apps on larger screens would seem a bit ridiculous so an iPad Pro might come yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects