‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ Wins Golden Nymph; Films in Paris as ‘B&B’ Celebrates 25 Years in France
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 16, 2014 10:30 AM EST
CBS longtime running soap opera "The Bold and the Beautiful" (B&B) has reportedly won the Golden Nymph Award at the International TV Audience Awards during the 54th Monte Carlo Television Festival in Monaco.
For the ninth consecutive year, "B&B" took home the Golden Nymph in the "Telenovela/Soap Opera" category. According to a report from Soap Opera Network, the award was handed to "The Bold and the Beautiful" executive producer and head writer Bradley Bell up on stage during the closing awards ceremony at the Grimaldi Forum with some of the cast.
Cast members Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan Forrester), Thorsten Kaye (Ridge Forrester), Kim Matula (Hope Logan) and Darin Brooks (Wyatt Spencer) reportedly joined Bell to accept the award.
With more than 30 countries participating in the festival and over 60 programs competing for an award, the Monte Carlo Television Festival is considered to be a "unique competition," which according to Grimaldi Forum challenges TV programmes worldwide in exchange of a Golden Nymph award.
The win reportedly suggested that "B&B" had higher ratings in 2013 compared to other telenovela or TV drama series worldwide.
Soap Opera Network reported that "The Bold and the Beautiful" actors Scott Clifton (Liam Spencer) and the new addition to the cast Australian actress Ashleigh Brewer, who is reportedly set to appear on "B&B" in July as Ivy Forrester, are both in Paris, France for a three-day "multi-episode" location shoot.
According to the report, "The Bold and the Beautiful" is celebrating 25 years of being broadcast in France. The CBS daytime drama first aired in France in 1989. Fox reported that "B&B" is filming episodes in front of the well-known Eiffel Tower this week. Kim Matula and Darin Brooks are also joining Clifton and Brewer.
Aside from '"B&B," Australian miniseries "Top of the Lake" has also won at the 54th Monte Carlo Television Festival, taking home three major awards. According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, "Top of the Lake" won best miniseries, and the two other awards were given to Peter Mullan and Elisabeth Moss for best actor and best actress.
For more "The Bold and the Beautiful" updates, check out the soap opera's spoilers for the week of June 16-20, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop