‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ Wins Golden Nymph; Films in Paris as ‘B&B’ Celebrates 25 Years in France
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 16, 2014 10:30 AM EST
CBS longtime running soap opera "The Bold and the Beautiful" (B&B) has reportedly won the Golden Nymph Award at the International TV Audience Awards during the 54th Monte Carlo Television Festival in Monaco.
For the ninth consecutive year, "B&B" took home the Golden Nymph in the "Telenovela/Soap Opera" category. According to a report from Soap Opera Network, the award was handed to "The Bold and the Beautiful" executive producer and head writer Bradley Bell up on stage during the closing awards ceremony at the Grimaldi Forum with some of the cast.
Cast members Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan Forrester), Thorsten Kaye (Ridge Forrester), Kim Matula (Hope Logan) and Darin Brooks (Wyatt Spencer) reportedly joined Bell to accept the award.
With more than 30 countries participating in the festival and over 60 programs competing for an award, the Monte Carlo Television Festival is considered to be a "unique competition," which according to Grimaldi Forum challenges TV programmes worldwide in exchange of a Golden Nymph award.
The win reportedly suggested that "B&B" had higher ratings in 2013 compared to other telenovela or TV drama series worldwide.
Soap Opera Network reported that "The Bold and the Beautiful" actors Scott Clifton (Liam Spencer) and the new addition to the cast Australian actress Ashleigh Brewer, who is reportedly set to appear on "B&B" in July as Ivy Forrester, are both in Paris, France for a three-day "multi-episode" location shoot.
According to the report, "The Bold and the Beautiful" is celebrating 25 years of being broadcast in France. The CBS daytime drama first aired in France in 1989. Fox reported that "B&B" is filming episodes in front of the well-known Eiffel Tower this week. Kim Matula and Darin Brooks are also joining Clifton and Brewer.
Aside from '"B&B," Australian miniseries "Top of the Lake" has also won at the 54th Monte Carlo Television Festival, taking home three major awards. According to a Sydney Morning Herald report, "Top of the Lake" won best miniseries, and the two other awards were given to Peter Mullan and Elisabeth Moss for best actor and best actress.
For more "The Bold and the Beautiful" updates, check out the soap opera's spoilers for the week of June 16-20, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu