FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #21 Colombia vs. Ivory Coast
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 16, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Colombia 2 Ivory Coast 1
Colombia's Pablo Armero (2nd L) celebrates his goal against Greece with his teammates during their 2014 World Cup Group C soccer match at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte June 14, 2014.
The twenty first match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Colombia and Ivory Coast. The Group C match should be interesting as both Colombia and Ivory Coast want to secure a place in the "group of 16" by winning this match.
Colombia: Colombia won emphatically against Greece. Now it wants to make sure that it goes to the next round after this match. The last time the South American team went past the group stages was in 1990. Colombia is fighting against its own history, and it is on its way to create history for the posterity. Coach Jose Pekerman seems to be quite satisfied with his boys who are playing their first world cup. Everything went according to the plans in the last match. Colombia should want to continue the winning streak.
Ivory Coast: Ivory Coast had quite a win against Japan. After Japan scored and went ahead, Ivory Coast scored twice within 99 seconds and moved ahead. There must be some magic in Didier Drogba. His team looked a bit clueless when he was watching the match from the reserve bench. The moment he entered the field, it scored twice within minutes. Coach Sabri Lamouchi may want to keep Drogba since the very beginning next time. The West African nation attacked Japan's goal time and again. It will try to do exactly the same in the next match.
Head to Head
Colombia has never played against Ivory Coast before.
Colombia: Teófilo Gutiérrez, James Rodríguez and Pablo Armero
Ivory Coast: Serge Aurier, Wilfried Bony and Didier Drogba
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 1 pm (local time) on June 19, which means it is 2 am on June 20 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio Nacional in Brasilia.
Ivory Coast will give a competition to Colombia. However, it will be outdone by Colombia which will win it 2-1 and secure its place in the next round.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed