FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #21 Colombia vs. Ivory Coast
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 16, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Colombia 2 Ivory Coast 1
Colombia's Pablo Armero (2nd L) celebrates his goal against Greece with his teammates during their 2014 World Cup Group C soccer match at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte June 14, 2014.
The twenty first match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Colombia and Ivory Coast. The Group C match should be interesting as both Colombia and Ivory Coast want to secure a place in the "group of 16" by winning this match.
Colombia: Colombia won emphatically against Greece. Now it wants to make sure that it goes to the next round after this match. The last time the South American team went past the group stages was in 1990. Colombia is fighting against its own history, and it is on its way to create history for the posterity. Coach Jose Pekerman seems to be quite satisfied with his boys who are playing their first world cup. Everything went according to the plans in the last match. Colombia should want to continue the winning streak.
Ivory Coast: Ivory Coast had quite a win against Japan. After Japan scored and went ahead, Ivory Coast scored twice within 99 seconds and moved ahead. There must be some magic in Didier Drogba. His team looked a bit clueless when he was watching the match from the reserve bench. The moment he entered the field, it scored twice within minutes. Coach Sabri Lamouchi may want to keep Drogba since the very beginning next time. The West African nation attacked Japan's goal time and again. It will try to do exactly the same in the next match.
Head to Head
Colombia has never played against Ivory Coast before.
Colombia: Teófilo Gutiérrez, James Rodríguez and Pablo Armero
Ivory Coast: Serge Aurier, Wilfried Bony and Didier Drogba
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 1 pm (local time) on June 19, which means it is 2 am on June 20 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio Nacional in Brasilia.
Ivory Coast will give a competition to Colombia. However, it will be outdone by Colombia which will win it 2-1 and secure its place in the next round.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch