FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #21 Colombia vs. Ivory Coast
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 16, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Colombia 2 Ivory Coast 1
Colombia's Pablo Armero (2nd L) celebrates his goal against Greece with his teammates during their 2014 World Cup Group C soccer match at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte June 14, 2014.
The twenty first match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Colombia and Ivory Coast. The Group C match should be interesting as both Colombia and Ivory Coast want to secure a place in the "group of 16" by winning this match.
Colombia: Colombia won emphatically against Greece. Now it wants to make sure that it goes to the next round after this match. The last time the South American team went past the group stages was in 1990. Colombia is fighting against its own history, and it is on its way to create history for the posterity. Coach Jose Pekerman seems to be quite satisfied with his boys who are playing their first world cup. Everything went according to the plans in the last match. Colombia should want to continue the winning streak.
Ivory Coast: Ivory Coast had quite a win against Japan. After Japan scored and went ahead, Ivory Coast scored twice within 99 seconds and moved ahead. There must be some magic in Didier Drogba. His team looked a bit clueless when he was watching the match from the reserve bench. The moment he entered the field, it scored twice within minutes. Coach Sabri Lamouchi may want to keep Drogba since the very beginning next time. The West African nation attacked Japan's goal time and again. It will try to do exactly the same in the next match.
Head to Head
Colombia has never played against Ivory Coast before.
Colombia: Teófilo Gutiérrez, James Rodríguez and Pablo Armero
Ivory Coast: Serge Aurier, Wilfried Bony and Didier Drogba
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 1 pm (local time) on June 19, which means it is 2 am on June 20 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio Nacional in Brasilia.
Ivory Coast will give a competition to Colombia. However, it will be outdone by Colombia which will win it 2-1 and secure its place in the next round.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members