Shailene Woodley to Be Considered for Oscar Nomination for Academy Awards 2015, Reports
By Diadem Pambid | June 16, 2014 9:54 AM EST
Following the success of Jennifer Lawrence after her Oscar nomination and win, it looks like Shailene Woodley is on the same path. Reports claim that the actress is up for an Oscar nod thanks to her portrayal of Hazel Grace Lancaster in the film "The Fault in Our Stars."
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" during CinemaCon, the official convention of the National Association of Theatre Owners, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada March 27, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Jennifer Lawrence had a whirlwind career following the success of "Hunger Games" and her Oscar nod and win for the "Silver Linings Playbook." Now, it appears that Shailene Woodley is set to follow suit. After the success of "Divergent," Woodley jumped onto the adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel, "The Fault in Our Stars."
The reviews of the film have been nothing short of spectacular. Fans of the books, movie goers and critics have sung praises for the film and for Woodley and Elgort's acting. Thanks to the film, Woodley is now being considered for an Oscar nod for the Academy Awards 2015.
"It is Ms. Woodley's movie at almost every moment she's on camera. She has the precious gift of simplicity, whether she's observing the people around her with a cool eye or filling the screen with a warmth that seems to come naturally. Others in the cast work at being winning; she wins by seeming to be herself. This young actress is the real, heart-piercing thing," stated Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal's film critic (via the LA Times).
Of course, all this is speculation but fans can't help but hope that Woodley does get nominated for an Academy Award. As for Woodley, the actress is currently on set for the production of "Divergent's" sequel, "Insurgent."
Additional reports also claim Woodley won't be back for "The Amazing Spiderman 3" given her scenes were originally cut from "The Amazing Spiderman 2." This of course had greatly affected the actress according to her interview with Vanity Fair.
"For a few hours it was literally like, 'Oh, my God, was I awful? Why did they cut me? What are people going to think?' I woke up the next morning and I was like, 'O.K., it makes total sense.' I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it," stated Woodley.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?