Shailene Woodley to Be Considered for Oscar Nomination for Academy Awards 2015, Reports
By Diadem Pambid | June 16, 2014 9:54 AM EST
Following the success of Jennifer Lawrence after her Oscar nomination and win, it looks like Shailene Woodley is on the same path. Reports claim that the actress is up for an Oscar nod thanks to her portrayal of Hazel Grace Lancaster in the film "The Fault in Our Stars."
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" during CinemaCon, the official convention of the National Association of Theatre Owners, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada March 27, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Jennifer Lawrence had a whirlwind career following the success of "Hunger Games" and her Oscar nod and win for the "Silver Linings Playbook." Now, it appears that Shailene Woodley is set to follow suit. After the success of "Divergent," Woodley jumped onto the adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel, "The Fault in Our Stars."
The reviews of the film have been nothing short of spectacular. Fans of the books, movie goers and critics have sung praises for the film and for Woodley and Elgort's acting. Thanks to the film, Woodley is now being considered for an Oscar nod for the Academy Awards 2015.
"It is Ms. Woodley's movie at almost every moment she's on camera. She has the precious gift of simplicity, whether she's observing the people around her with a cool eye or filling the screen with a warmth that seems to come naturally. Others in the cast work at being winning; she wins by seeming to be herself. This young actress is the real, heart-piercing thing," stated Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal's film critic (via the LA Times).
Of course, all this is speculation but fans can't help but hope that Woodley does get nominated for an Academy Award. As for Woodley, the actress is currently on set for the production of "Divergent's" sequel, "Insurgent."
Additional reports also claim Woodley won't be back for "The Amazing Spiderman 3" given her scenes were originally cut from "The Amazing Spiderman 2." This of course had greatly affected the actress according to her interview with Vanity Fair.
"For a few hours it was literally like, 'Oh, my God, was I awful? Why did they cut me? What are people going to think?' I woke up the next morning and I was like, 'O.K., it makes total sense.' I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it," stated Woodley.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia