Viral Video: Nervous Talent Anna Clendening Delivers Stunning Rendition of 'Hallelujah' on 'America's Got Talent' [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 8:50 AM EST
Nervous talent Anna Clendening wowed the judges and received a standing ovation from the audience on "America's Got Talent" with her stunning rendition of "Hallelujah." Her video becomes a YouTube sensation after it already amassed almost 600,000 views in just three days after it was posted.
During the introduction portion the 20-year old talent said that she had battled anxiety disorder, panic attacks, and depression since she was 14. She mentioned that two or three months prior to the audition she was bedridden. She never left her room and she never left the house.
Judge Howie Mandel said that he also suffered anxiety disorder. He explained that people don't know what it took and how much suffering it was. He praised Anna for her presence on the show and said that it was amazing. He advised Anna to just pretend as if nobody was watching her.
At the end of her performance Judge Mandel gave Anna hug. He also said that life was filled with peaks and valleys. He said that Anna have seen and experienced a lot of valleys but on the audition night she was on a peak. Anna cited her parents as the reason for her courage to step into the stage of "America's Got Talent."
With her anxiety disorder, Anna Clendening thought leaving the house again would not be possible but after her performance in front of a very large crowd at "America's Got Talent" auditions just proved that conditions can still be conquered.
Just like the audience who personally witnessed Anna sung at the audition night, those who have watched her on YouTube also have good things to say to her. One user Mariah Playsmc stated: "I have anxiety and panic attacks and just yesterday I had an anxiety attack. Watching this brought me to tears. What this girl did is just amazing and I went awww when Howie went up there to hug her."
Another user Lauren Scarfo stated: "My cousin showed me this and it really touched me so much. Anxiety and depression are real and people do suffer from it, I would know- I've been exactly where she was. It takes so much courage to do what she did."
"America's Got Talent" season 9 is aired at NBC every Tuesday. The judges include Howard Stern, Heide Klum, Howie Mandel, and Mel B.
Watch the YouTube video of Anna Clendening's stunning rendition of "Hallelujah" on "America's Got Talent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance