Viral Video: Nervous Talent Anna Clendening Delivers Stunning Rendition of 'Hallelujah' on 'America's Got Talent' [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 8:50 AM EST
Nervous talent Anna Clendening wowed the judges and received a standing ovation from the audience on "America's Got Talent" with her stunning rendition of "Hallelujah." Her video becomes a YouTube sensation after it already amassed almost 600,000 views in just three days after it was posted.
During the introduction portion the 20-year old talent said that she had battled anxiety disorder, panic attacks, and depression since she was 14. She mentioned that two or three months prior to the audition she was bedridden. She never left her room and she never left the house.
Judge Howie Mandel said that he also suffered anxiety disorder. He explained that people don't know what it took and how much suffering it was. He praised Anna for her presence on the show and said that it was amazing. He advised Anna to just pretend as if nobody was watching her.
At the end of her performance Judge Mandel gave Anna hug. He also said that life was filled with peaks and valleys. He said that Anna have seen and experienced a lot of valleys but on the audition night she was on a peak. Anna cited her parents as the reason for her courage to step into the stage of "America's Got Talent."
With her anxiety disorder, Anna Clendening thought leaving the house again would not be possible but after her performance in front of a very large crowd at "America's Got Talent" auditions just proved that conditions can still be conquered.
Just like the audience who personally witnessed Anna sung at the audition night, those who have watched her on YouTube also have good things to say to her. One user Mariah Playsmc stated: "I have anxiety and panic attacks and just yesterday I had an anxiety attack. Watching this brought me to tears. What this girl did is just amazing and I went awww when Howie went up there to hug her."
Another user Lauren Scarfo stated: "My cousin showed me this and it really touched me so much. Anxiety and depression are real and people do suffer from it, I would know- I've been exactly where she was. It takes so much courage to do what she did."
"America's Got Talent" season 9 is aired at NBC every Tuesday. The judges include Howard Stern, Heide Klum, Howie Mandel, and Mel B.
Watch the YouTube video of Anna Clendening's stunning rendition of "Hallelujah" on "America's Got Talent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date