Madden NFL 15 Update: New Features, Better Player Senses and Playcalling
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 16, 2014 6:53 AM EST
A lot is going on with the E3 Expo in Los Angeles, especially with EA's World Premiere last Monday. The big news revealed the introduction of a new Battlefield game along with the trailers of FIFA 15 and NHL 15 - and also, without surprise, the reveal of the Madden NFL 15.
Here are the new features and improvements for the Madden NFL 15.
Catch Variety & Pass Inaccuracy
In the past Madden NFL versions, any quarterback could consistently shred an opposing defence with accurate passes however, in the new Madden NFL 15, that wouldn't be the case. The quarter back accuracy rating, situation and scenario have never been more important in the Madden NFL 15.
Determined by their pocket pressure and accuracy ratings, QBs now throw a number of inaccurate passes, with the level of accuracy ranging from "very inaccurate" to "perfect." The game is made similar to real life situations wherein there is a much higher chance of being inaccurate when under pressure.
Basically, when players wish to build their offensive strategies they should consult the QBs' three accuracy ratings which are: THA Mid, THA Short and THP Deep. Accurate throwers like Drew Brees and Philip Rivers will be able to pinpoint their throws more efficiently than less accurate counterparts like Eli Manning and Geno Smith.
Moreover, because in the previous versions of Madden, throwing on the run came at a heavy cost, this year, players will have the ability to take advantage of the their QBs athleticism of the pocket. The effectiveness of mobile QBs has been fined tuned to offer greater ability to throw on the run.
Increased catch variety is one of the new features of the Madden 15. Players will now be able to see both defensive back and wide receivers make efforts to go after inaccurate passes.
Too much air on a curl route means that the receiver needs to leap in an attempt to catch the overthrown ball, rather than just stand and watch the ball sail over his head.
Call Plays with Confidence
Player can leverage data from millions of online games with all-new crowd-sourced play recommendations.
For instance, if players wish to spread in the field with four wide receivers on third down, there will be some of the plays that get called most often, and their success rates as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family