‘Guardians of the Galaxy' Chris Pratt: Fast Facts About Hollywood’s Newest Hunk
By Riza Ornos | June 16, 2014 6:52 AM EST
Best known for his character as Any Dwyer in a TV comedy series "Parks and Recreation," Chris Pratt is making a lot of buzz thanks to his spectacular physical transformation. Set to star in the upcoming Marvel Studious superhero film "Guardians of Galaxy," Pratt is also cast as one of the lead star in the highly anticipated dinosaur movie, "Jurassic World."
Actor Chris Pratt takes a photo of his wife, actress Anna Faris, as they arrive at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Starring alongside Bryce Dallas Howard, "Kings of Summer" star Nick Robinson and "Iron Man 3" child actor Ty Simpson, the 34-year-old actor was photographed recently in the movie's set as he plays a scientist who conducts behavioral research on raptors. Released by Universal Pictures, the "Jurrasic Park" sequel is directed by Colin Trevorrow as the cast returns to Isla Nabur.
Playing Peter Quill, the sarcastic scofflaw also known as Star-Lord, Pratt learned about the adventures of the "Guardians" when he was 12, when he won $300 in a Bingo tournament and spent his winnings on comic books. The actor went a rigorous training for six months to attain his impressive physique and reshaped his 6-foot frame.
"I'm not kidding, maybe 30 seconds he was doing his character, I knew he was the guy," director James Gunn said in an interview posted on LA Times when he cast Pratt in the movie. "I liked his performance so much that even if he stayed chubby I knew that we'd have to go with it; it would just have to be a new take on a superhero who was a little bit heftier ... because his characterization was so great."
Pratt revealed that one of the most difficult task of the movie is shedding the weight and gaining the muscles he required to play the part. The "Her" star have to change his diet, quit drinking and would work out for hours while listening some songs features in the movie, including Blue Swede's "Hooked on a Feeling."
No longer playing a funny guy with fat belly, the Minnesota-born star will continue his hero streak in his next adventure film and this time he will be running from the dinosaurs. "I'm like an action figure for some of the scenes. I'm just like walking through the scene or running through the scene or fighting or jumping or beeping or shooting. It was unbelievable," he said.
"Jurassic World" is set to premiere on June 12, 2015. "Guardians of the Galaxy" is due to arrive on theaters on Aug. 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best