‘Guardians of the Galaxy' Chris Pratt: Fast Facts About Hollywood’s Newest Hunk
By Riza Ornos | June 16, 2014 6:52 AM EST
Best known for his character as Any Dwyer in a TV comedy series "Parks and Recreation," Chris Pratt is making a lot of buzz thanks to his spectacular physical transformation. Set to star in the upcoming Marvel Studious superhero film "Guardians of Galaxy," Pratt is also cast as one of the lead star in the highly anticipated dinosaur movie, "Jurassic World."
Actor Chris Pratt takes a photo of his wife, actress Anna Faris, as they arrive at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Starring alongside Bryce Dallas Howard, "Kings of Summer" star Nick Robinson and "Iron Man 3" child actor Ty Simpson, the 34-year-old actor was photographed recently in the movie's set as he plays a scientist who conducts behavioral research on raptors. Released by Universal Pictures, the "Jurrasic Park" sequel is directed by Colin Trevorrow as the cast returns to Isla Nabur.
Playing Peter Quill, the sarcastic scofflaw also known as Star-Lord, Pratt learned about the adventures of the "Guardians" when he was 12, when he won $300 in a Bingo tournament and spent his winnings on comic books. The actor went a rigorous training for six months to attain his impressive physique and reshaped his 6-foot frame.
"I'm not kidding, maybe 30 seconds he was doing his character, I knew he was the guy," director James Gunn said in an interview posted on LA Times when he cast Pratt in the movie. "I liked his performance so much that even if he stayed chubby I knew that we'd have to go with it; it would just have to be a new take on a superhero who was a little bit heftier ... because his characterization was so great."
Pratt revealed that one of the most difficult task of the movie is shedding the weight and gaining the muscles he required to play the part. The "Her" star have to change his diet, quit drinking and would work out for hours while listening some songs features in the movie, including Blue Swede's "Hooked on a Feeling."
No longer playing a funny guy with fat belly, the Minnesota-born star will continue his hero streak in his next adventure film and this time he will be running from the dinosaurs. "I'm like an action figure for some of the scenes. I'm just like walking through the scene or running through the scene or fighting or jumping or beeping or shooting. It was unbelievable," he said.
"Jurassic World" is set to premiere on June 12, 2015. "Guardians of the Galaxy" is due to arrive on theaters on Aug. 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones