MH370: Fathers On board Remembered for Father’s Day
By Athena Yenko | June 16, 2014 6:50 AM EST
Fathers on board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was remembered painfully on a Father's Day event organised by Voice370.
Voice370 is an association of families of the passengers of MH370.
The event was held at the Kolej Perkembangan Awal Kanak-kanak on Sunday.
Family members both of the passengers and crews of the missing plane wrote their messages of waiting and undying love on pieces of coloured paper. They folded the papers into paper planes and assembled them altogether to form the word MH370.
"It's a tiring task that I have to do alone now. Taking care of my two kids, waking up alone and just coping with all this. It has been challenging. I'm okay, but now that it has come to 100 days, it's getting more painful and tiring. I've grown restless of just waiting," Intan Maizura Othman told The Star.
Maizura came to wrote a message for her husband Mohamad Hazrin Mohamed Hasnan, a cabin crew on the flight. She attended the event with their four-year-old daughter, Iman, and 28-day-old son Muhammad.
"It's excruciating missing him," she described of her agony.
Hasnan's sisters also wrote a long emotional letter for him.
"Things will never be the same again for mama and abah, for your wife, little daughter and for us siblings. Losing you felt so unreal but I know it is all fated. You're gifted with a beautiful heart, always protective of your loved ones and full of rainbow personality inside of you that lights the heart of every person you meet. Not only have I lost my one and only brother, but I have also lost someone who always advised me on life, giving heads up on my relationships and fighting over who is the better 'Shakespeare'. Now this is all the memories that we have, to keep us going every day. You've spent your entire crew years serving, attending and saving lives of the people on board; left your footprints in different cities and touched the souls of many, " a portion of a letter read.
Another attendee of the event was Nicolette Gomes, a daughter to MH370 in-flight supervisor Patrick Francis Gomes.
Gomes said that the most heartbreaking moment of not having her father with them now is every time that her three-year-old son asks about his grandfather.
"The most painful thing is my son not having his grandpa to play with him. Last time it was badminton and football, but now its nothing. My son still talks about him at night, sometimes he'll say 'Grandpa's coming back tonight! 10 o'clock!' And then I just get chills and goosebumps. I do hope that comes true though," Gomes shared.
Gomes' mother shared how she misses her husband terribly as there is now one less person at the table, one less person at a function. She said the family still hopes that his place will be filled someday.
"Last Father's Day, we had so much fun and laughter. This year, we are wishing him through these folded planes," the wife bitter sweetly recalled.
She called for the government not to stop the search, not to ask them to move on.
The 11-year-old son of flight attendant Junaidi Mohd Kassim he could not believe that it has been 100 days since his father was missing.
"One hundred days have been quite fast. (But) If I think about him, I try to think about him coming home," the boy said.
The event was recorded by Voice 370 and posted to the group's Facebook page - MH370 Families.
The video is entitled To Dad with Love, Vanished 100 Days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election