World Cup Live Stream: Argentina vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina – Preview, TV Schedule, Radio Streaming, Live Score, Stats & Gamecast
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 16, 2014 4:15 AM EST
Argentina is ready to roll on the fourth day of the World Cup, with ace striker Lionel Messi looking to redeem himself from the futile run he had four years ago in South Africa. On Sunday, Argentina will be tested by Europe's dark horse squad Bosnia and Herzegovina at 6:00 p..m ET (8:00 a.m Sydney time) at Estadio do Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro.
Argentina's Lionel Messi celebrates after he scored his team's first goal against Chile during the 2014 World Cup qualifying soccer match in Santiago, in this October 16, 2012 file photo. With the soccer World Cup only three months away, Adidas and Nike are squaring up for a marketing battle to match the fierce on-field rivalry of nations like Brazil and Argentina. The sportswear giants dominate a soccer kit industry worth more than $5 billion annually. They vie for the title of market leader in the supply of hi-tech boots and jerseys to fans inspired by Messi, who wears Adidas, or new Brazilian idol Neymar, who is in the Nike camp. To match story SOCCER-WORLD-CUP/KIT REUTERS/Ivan Alvarado
So far, the tournament saw mixed results in the performance of the South Americans three days into the competition. Host nation Brazil staved off a rough start to secure a 3-1 victory over Croatia, while Columbia overcame the absence of their star player in Falcao to book an impressive 3-0 win against Greece in their first World Cup match since the 1998 edition.
Meanwhile, Uruguay just absorbed a stunner of a loss at the hands of Costa Rica. With Luis Suarez still struggling to reach in tip-top shape, Uruguay didn't have enough firepower to offset the Liverpool gunner's absence.
Diego Maradona, who served as the manager for the Argentine national football team in 2010, believed Messi had a wise decision taking some rest ahead of the World Cup.
"I see Messi doing well. I think it was good for him to have a proper rest because he had gone four years hardly missing a match," Maradona said in Buenos Aires newspaper Ole. "I'd really like to speak to him now, and tell him to take things easy, not to listen to the idiots. There are a lot of them, unfortunately."
Despite the presence of the four-time FIFA Player of the Year winner and Gonzalo Higuain, Maradona stressed the team need to focus more on their defense - something he lacked of four years ago.
"We are looking good in attack but I am a bit worried about the defence, to be honest. But the team has more experience now [than in 2010], and that is very important in the World Cup."
Bosnia coach Safet Susic is aware of the striking power Argentina possesses. However, the manager rejected the idea of manning Messi as they want to play their defense according to their tactical formation.
"It is a dilemma for me, but to sacrifice a player just to man-mark Messi...I don't think it would be good for us.
Live Stream Information
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown