NBA Finals Live Streaming: Game 5 – Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs Preview and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | June 15, 2014 11:37 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs had the Miami Heat on the ropes in last year’s championship series. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard have LeBron James and his crew pushed against the wall again.
Jun 12, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard (2) drives around a fallen Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade (3) during the third quarter of game four of the 2014 NBA Finals at American Airlines Arena.
Can the Spurs finish off the Heat in Game 5 of the 2014 NBA Finals? Or will LeBron tow Miami to another comeback and this time, for a historical finish?
"History is made to be broken, and why not me be a part of it? That would be great," James said via the league’s official website.
"That would be a great story line, right? But we'll see what happens. I've got to live in the moment, though, before we even get to that point.”
No team in NBA Finals history have won a title trailing 3-to-1 in the series; 31 squads fell into that hole and never recovered.
Still the veteran Spurs know what’s coming and if there’s a team that can change history, it is Miami, who has a LeBron, considered the best player in the world today.
"They're going to come out and give us their best punch possible," shared Duncan said also in NBA.COM.
"We know that they're back-to-back champs and they've been in this situation before and they have all the confidence in the world that they can win these games. So we have to do just the same. Come out there and say, hey, we're going to take it little by little, quarter by quarter, and see what happens."
After last year’s collapse, Duncan knows that even after the pair of blowout wins on the road—111-to-92 in Game 3 and 107-to-86 in Game 4—they still have to play their game and not be overconfident.
Duncan had a double-double of 10 points and 11 rebounds but it was again young gun Kawhi Leonard who top-scored with 20 markers—a game after he dropped a career-high 29 points. Tony Parker had 19 points while Australian back-up guard Patty Mills added 14 points off the bench.
For the Heat, James ended up with 28 points but no other play scored above a dozen points.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (+5.5) vs. San Antonio Spurs (O/U: 196.0)
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a loss
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Spurs
- The Heat are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games in the NBA Finals
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games at home
- The Spurs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Heat
- The Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
Watch Game 5 of the Heat-Spurs series via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell