World Cup Live Stream: Switzerland – Ecuador Preview, Schedule and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | June 15, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Switzerland and Ecuador open the action in Group E in the 2014 World Cup at the Estadio Nacional Brasiliaon on Sunday 1:00 pm local time (2:00 am in Australia).
Members of Ecuador's national soccer team run past a net during a training session at the National stadium in Brasilia, June 14, 2014. Ecuador will play in a Group E match against Switzerland on June 15.
Neither team is pegged to go far in the tournament but advancing to the next round will be considered a small success as La Nati and La Tricolor
are priced at 1.53 and 2.00, respectively to survive the group also featuring favourite France (1.20) and Honduras (7.00).
Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is confident that his crew will do better after the experience in 2010 in South Africa where they upset eventual WC champions Spain during the early rounds.
"We started a transition four years ago, we have rejuvenated the group of experienced players," said Hitzfeld via the tournament’s official website.
"The team are better, more attacking, more creative with better organisation than in 2010. Switzerland are well-organised, capable of quickly switching from defence to attack. The players are tense, that's normal, but we have the experience to counter that."
Switzerland surprised Spain, 1-0 four years ago but failed to advance to the KO stage with a loss to Chile and a draw with Honduras.
Veteran midfielder Edison Mendez, who at 36-years-old and 111 caps for the NT will most likely be playing in his final WC, will lead Ecuador.
“My aim is to make the most of every minute, of each training session and perform to the maximum with my team-mates," said the veteran.
Switzerland is favoured to win the match at 1.61 while Ecuador is at 2.23. In the three-way betting it’s Switzerland at 2.40, Ecuador at 3.30 and a Draw at 3.10.
Potential Starting 11:
Switzerland (4-2-3-1): Drmic; Stocker, Von Bergen, Schar, Shagiri; Behrami, Inler; Rodriguez, Von Bergen, Scar; Benaglio.
Ecuador (4-4-2): Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Ayovi; A Valencia, Noboa, Gruezo, Mentero; Caicedo, E Valencia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'