World Cup Live Stream: Switzerland – Ecuador Preview, Schedule and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | June 15, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Switzerland and Ecuador open the action in Group E in the 2014 World Cup at the Estadio Nacional Brasiliaon on Sunday 1:00 pm local time (2:00 am in Australia).
Members of Ecuador's national soccer team run past a net during a training session at the National stadium in Brasilia, June 14, 2014. Ecuador will play in a Group E match against Switzerland on June 15.
Neither team is pegged to go far in the tournament but advancing to the next round will be considered a small success as La Nati and La Tricolor
are priced at 1.53 and 2.00, respectively to survive the group also featuring favourite France (1.20) and Honduras (7.00).
Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is confident that his crew will do better after the experience in 2010 in South Africa where they upset eventual WC champions Spain during the early rounds.
"We started a transition four years ago, we have rejuvenated the group of experienced players," said Hitzfeld via the tournament’s official website.
"The team are better, more attacking, more creative with better organisation than in 2010. Switzerland are well-organised, capable of quickly switching from defence to attack. The players are tense, that's normal, but we have the experience to counter that."
Switzerland surprised Spain, 1-0 four years ago but failed to advance to the KO stage with a loss to Chile and a draw with Honduras.
Veteran midfielder Edison Mendez, who at 36-years-old and 111 caps for the NT will most likely be playing in his final WC, will lead Ecuador.
“My aim is to make the most of every minute, of each training session and perform to the maximum with my team-mates," said the veteran.
Switzerland is favoured to win the match at 1.61 while Ecuador is at 2.23. In the three-way betting it’s Switzerland at 2.40, Ecuador at 3.30 and a Draw at 3.10.
Potential Starting 11:
Switzerland (4-2-3-1): Drmic; Stocker, Von Bergen, Schar, Shagiri; Behrami, Inler; Rodriguez, Von Bergen, Scar; Benaglio.
Ecuador (4-4-2): Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Ayovi; A Valencia, Noboa, Gruezo, Mentero; Caicedo, E Valencia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble