World Cup Live Stream: Switzerland – Ecuador Preview, Schedule and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | June 15, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Switzerland and Ecuador open the action in Group E in the 2014 World Cup at the Estadio Nacional Brasiliaon on Sunday 1:00 pm local time (2:00 am in Australia).
Members of Ecuador's national soccer team run past a net during a training session at the National stadium in Brasilia, June 14, 2014. Ecuador will play in a Group E match against Switzerland on June 15.
Neither team is pegged to go far in the tournament but advancing to the next round will be considered a small success as La Nati and La Tricolor
are priced at 1.53 and 2.00, respectively to survive the group also featuring favourite France (1.20) and Honduras (7.00).
Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is confident that his crew will do better after the experience in 2010 in South Africa where they upset eventual WC champions Spain during the early rounds.
"We started a transition four years ago, we have rejuvenated the group of experienced players," said Hitzfeld via the tournament’s official website.
"The team are better, more attacking, more creative with better organisation than in 2010. Switzerland are well-organised, capable of quickly switching from defence to attack. The players are tense, that's normal, but we have the experience to counter that."
Switzerland surprised Spain, 1-0 four years ago but failed to advance to the KO stage with a loss to Chile and a draw with Honduras.
Veteran midfielder Edison Mendez, who at 36-years-old and 111 caps for the NT will most likely be playing in his final WC, will lead Ecuador.
“My aim is to make the most of every minute, of each training session and perform to the maximum with my team-mates," said the veteran.
Switzerland is favoured to win the match at 1.61 while Ecuador is at 2.23. In the three-way betting it’s Switzerland at 2.40, Ecuador at 3.30 and a Draw at 3.10.
Potential Starting 11:
Switzerland (4-2-3-1): Drmic; Stocker, Von Bergen, Schar, Shagiri; Behrami, Inler; Rodriguez, Von Bergen, Scar; Benaglio.
Ecuador (4-4-2): Dominguez; Paredes, Guagua, Erazo, Ayovi; A Valencia, Noboa, Gruezo, Mentero; Caicedo, E Valencia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga