World Cup Live Stream: Colombia vs. Greece– Preview, Schedule and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | June 14, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Colombia and Greece open their campaign in Brazil at the Estadio Mineiro, Belo Horizente on Saturday 1:00 pm local time (2:00 am in Australia).
Greece's national soccer team player Kostas Manolas lies on the pitch as his team mates look on during a training session of his team in Belo Horizonte June 13, 2014. The Greek squad will face Colombia in their first 2014 World Cup match at Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte Saturday.
Colombia is considered one of the dark horses to win in this tournament and pegged to top (2.00 betting line) the group, which also includes Ivory Coast and Japan. Greece is at 2.88 to survive Group C.
Colombia is priced at 1.91 to win the match while a draw is at 3.30 and a Greece victory at 4.75 in the 3-way betting.
“This national squad is making history. I think we’ve got a wider variety of players and talent than we did at the 1994 World Cup,” declared Los Cafeteros star striker Jackson Martinez via the tournament’s official website.
Martinez was referring to the 1994 Colombian squad-- a largely talented but highly controversial team that bombed out in the group stages. Colombia is appearing in the WC for the first time since 1998, a year they also failed to advance from their group.
Meanwhile, Ethniki is looking to make history and reach the next round.
“Our main goal is to make it to the knockout rounds, which is something we have never done before. In order to do this, we have to take each game as it comes. The most important game for us is against Colombia. This is our first game and they are a dangerous team,” shared Greek captain Georgios Karagounis, considered a national hero in his home country.
The match will feature clash of styles—Colombia’s offense produced 10 goals in 11 matches leading up to the tournament while Greece’s defense have allowed just 4 goals in the last 10 before Brazil.
Colombia vs. Greece Potential Starting 11:
Greece (4-4-2): Karnezis; Torosidis, Papasthathopoulos, Manolas, Holebas; Salpingidis, Katsouranis, Maniatis, Kone; Samaras, Mitroglou.
Colombia (4-4-2): Ospina; Zuniga, Yepes, Zapata, Armero; Cuadrado, Aguilar, Rodriguez, Sanchez; Gutierez, Martinez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys