Vin Diesel Reportedly A Jerk On ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Set
By Anne Lu | June 14, 2014 11:05 AM EST
“Fast & Furious 7” star Vin Diesel is reportedly being a jerk on the set of the upcoming film. According to a new report, the 46-year-old actor has apparently been so hard to work with that he is making the production move slowly.
The latest instalment of “The Fast and the Furious” film franchise has resumed production after months of hiatus to give time for the actors and the staff to grieve the death of Paul Walker, who died in November from a one-vehicle crash.
Walker had already filmed majority of his scenes, though he still had a few ones that need to be completed. That’s where his brothers, Cody and Caleb Walker, come in. They are currently sharing his role as Brian O’Conner.
But it’s not Walker’s death that has been stalling production; it’s Diesel’s attitude.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Diesel has been so difficult on set that some staff have “fantasised about using the facial-replacement technology being deployed to put Walker in the film as a sub for Diesel as well.”
“Vin spent a whole day in his trailer one day,” a source said. “The next day, they waited four hours for him. He called a meeting [May 28] of studio execs to his trailer for two-and-a-half hours to say, ‘What the f*** am I doing here?’”
Another insider confirmed the report, claiming the crew are suffering from “low morale.”
Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley has denied the report, saying, “This production is working through some challenges that are historically unprecedented. The crew and cast, led by Vin, have been nothing but terrific under these circumstances.”
Meanwhile, Walker’s character is reportedly being retired after the film, and will be replaced by another character.
“Paul’s character Brian O’Conner will be seen retiring, while his younger brother will join the crew,” a production insider told MailOnline.
“Of course, Cody isn’t a replacement for Paul in any way, but the producers were really grateful that he stepped in to help them finish this last film and Cody is so likeable and charming.
“It would be a tribute to Paul that Cody carries on the Walker name in the Fast and the Furious movies.”
“Fast & Furious 7” will be released in theatres on April 10, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features