Shailene Woodley Not Returning As Mary Jane In 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3,' Talks About Reaction To Her 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Deleted Scenes
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Shailene Woodley already filmed some scenes for her Mary Jane role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", when to her surprise her scenes were deleted. Now the "Fault In Our Stars" actress is unsure whether she is reprising her role in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3."
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" in Las Vegas, Nevada in this March 27, 2014. In a summer of blockbusters with superheroes, a rampaging monster and a wicked fairy, "The Fault in Our Stars," the film adaptation of John Green's best-seller, is a heart-wrenching story of young love that could become a box-office hit.
Shailene Woodley was cast as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The "Divergent" star had already shot a few short scenes for the movie, according to spidermannews, when director Marc Webb decided to delete those scenes.
In the July issue of Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley talked about her initial reaction when she realized her scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" have been deleted.
Shailene Woodley recalled that for a few hours she thought that her acting must have been awful. Then she started to question why her scenes were deleted. She also began to worry over what people may think about her because of her deleted scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
However, Woodley also recalled that when she woke up the next morning she was okay and thought it made sense for her scenes to be deleted.
"O.K., it makes total sense. I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it," Woodley told Vanity Fair editor Krista Smith.
According to Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley's refreshing sensibility has helped her deal with the disappointments that come with an acting career---case in point, her reaction to her Mary Jane scenes being deleted from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
Shailene Woodley has been busy filming, and she said that her commitment to the "Divergent" franchise will likely prevent her return as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3".
According to spidermannews, MTV's Josh Horowitz caught up with Shailene Woodley at the Sundance Film Festival and asked her about her Mary Jane status.
"I don't know anything, but seeing as how they picked up the next two 'Divergent' films, I don't know how I would keep my sanity with two big action films in one year. But anything can happen," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine