Shailene Woodley Not Returning As Mary Jane In 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3,' Talks About Reaction To Her 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Deleted Scenes
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Shailene Woodley already filmed some scenes for her Mary Jane role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", when to her surprise her scenes were deleted. Now the "Fault In Our Stars" actress is unsure whether she is reprising her role in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3."
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" in Las Vegas, Nevada in this March 27, 2014. In a summer of blockbusters with superheroes, a rampaging monster and a wicked fairy, "The Fault in Our Stars," the film adaptation of John Green's best-seller, is a heart-wrenching story of young love that could become a box-office hit.
Shailene Woodley was cast as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The "Divergent" star had already shot a few short scenes for the movie, according to spidermannews, when director Marc Webb decided to delete those scenes.
In the July issue of Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley talked about her initial reaction when she realized her scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" have been deleted.
Shailene Woodley recalled that for a few hours she thought that her acting must have been awful. Then she started to question why her scenes were deleted. She also began to worry over what people may think about her because of her deleted scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
However, Woodley also recalled that when she woke up the next morning she was okay and thought it made sense for her scenes to be deleted.
"O.K., it makes total sense. I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it," Woodley told Vanity Fair editor Krista Smith.
According to Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley's refreshing sensibility has helped her deal with the disappointments that come with an acting career---case in point, her reaction to her Mary Jane scenes being deleted from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
Shailene Woodley has been busy filming, and she said that her commitment to the "Divergent" franchise will likely prevent her return as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3".
According to spidermannews, MTV's Josh Horowitz caught up with Shailene Woodley at the Sundance Film Festival and asked her about her Mary Jane status.
"I don't know anything, but seeing as how they picked up the next two 'Divergent' films, I don't know how I would keep my sanity with two big action films in one year. But anything can happen," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report