Shailene Woodley Not Returning As Mary Jane In 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3,' Talks About Reaction To Her 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Deleted Scenes
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Shailene Woodley already filmed some scenes for her Mary Jane role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", when to her surprise her scenes were deleted. Now the "Fault In Our Stars" actress is unsure whether she is reprising her role in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3."
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" in Las Vegas, Nevada in this March 27, 2014. In a summer of blockbusters with superheroes, a rampaging monster and a wicked fairy, "The Fault in Our Stars," the film adaptation of John Green's best-seller, is a heart-wrenching story of young love that could become a box-office hit.
Shailene Woodley was cast as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The "Divergent" star had already shot a few short scenes for the movie, according to spidermannews, when director Marc Webb decided to delete those scenes.
In the July issue of Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley talked about her initial reaction when she realized her scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" have been deleted.
Shailene Woodley recalled that for a few hours she thought that her acting must have been awful. Then she started to question why her scenes were deleted. She also began to worry over what people may think about her because of her deleted scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
However, Woodley also recalled that when she woke up the next morning she was okay and thought it made sense for her scenes to be deleted.
"O.K., it makes total sense. I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it," Woodley told Vanity Fair editor Krista Smith.
According to Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley's refreshing sensibility has helped her deal with the disappointments that come with an acting career---case in point, her reaction to her Mary Jane scenes being deleted from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
Shailene Woodley has been busy filming, and she said that her commitment to the "Divergent" franchise will likely prevent her return as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3".
According to spidermannews, MTV's Josh Horowitz caught up with Shailene Woodley at the Sundance Film Festival and asked her about her Mary Jane status.
"I don't know anything, but seeing as how they picked up the next two 'Divergent' films, I don't know how I would keep my sanity with two big action films in one year. But anything can happen," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools