Shailene Woodley Not Returning As Mary Jane In 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3,' Talks About Reaction To Her 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Deleted Scenes
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Shailene Woodley already filmed some scenes for her Mary Jane role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", when to her surprise her scenes were deleted. Now the "Fault In Our Stars" actress is unsure whether she is reprising her role in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3."
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" in Las Vegas, Nevada in this March 27, 2014. In a summer of blockbusters with superheroes, a rampaging monster and a wicked fairy, "The Fault in Our Stars," the film adaptation of John Green's best-seller, is a heart-wrenching story of young love that could become a box-office hit.
Shailene Woodley was cast as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The "Divergent" star had already shot a few short scenes for the movie, according to spidermannews, when director Marc Webb decided to delete those scenes.
In the July issue of Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley talked about her initial reaction when she realized her scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" have been deleted.
Shailene Woodley recalled that for a few hours she thought that her acting must have been awful. Then she started to question why her scenes were deleted. She also began to worry over what people may think about her because of her deleted scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
However, Woodley also recalled that when she woke up the next morning she was okay and thought it made sense for her scenes to be deleted.
"O.K., it makes total sense. I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it," Woodley told Vanity Fair editor Krista Smith.
According to Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley's refreshing sensibility has helped her deal with the disappointments that come with an acting career---case in point, her reaction to her Mary Jane scenes being deleted from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
Shailene Woodley has been busy filming, and she said that her commitment to the "Divergent" franchise will likely prevent her return as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3".
According to spidermannews, MTV's Josh Horowitz caught up with Shailene Woodley at the Sundance Film Festival and asked her about her Mary Jane status.
"I don't know anything, but seeing as how they picked up the next two 'Divergent' films, I don't know how I would keep my sanity with two big action films in one year. But anything can happen," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge