Shailene Woodley Not Returning As Mary Jane In 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3,' Talks About Reaction To Her 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Deleted Scenes
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 7:41 PM EST
Shailene Woodley already filmed some scenes for her Mary Jane role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", when to her surprise her scenes were deleted. Now the "Fault In Our Stars" actress is unsure whether she is reprising her role in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3."
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" in Las Vegas, Nevada in this March 27, 2014. In a summer of blockbusters with superheroes, a rampaging monster and a wicked fairy, "The Fault in Our Stars," the film adaptation of John Green's best-seller, is a heart-wrenching story of young love that could become a box-office hit.
Shailene Woodley was cast as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". The "Divergent" star had already shot a few short scenes for the movie, according to spidermannews, when director Marc Webb decided to delete those scenes.
In the July issue of Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley talked about her initial reaction when she realized her scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" have been deleted.
Shailene Woodley recalled that for a few hours she thought that her acting must have been awful. Then she started to question why her scenes were deleted. She also began to worry over what people may think about her because of her deleted scenes in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
However, Woodley also recalled that when she woke up the next morning she was okay and thought it made sense for her scenes to be deleted.
"O.K., it makes total sense. I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it," Woodley told Vanity Fair editor Krista Smith.
According to Vanity Fair, Shailene Woodley's refreshing sensibility has helped her deal with the disappointments that come with an acting career---case in point, her reaction to her Mary Jane scenes being deleted from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
Shailene Woodley has been busy filming, and she said that her commitment to the "Divergent" franchise will likely prevent her return as Mary Jane Watson in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3".
According to spidermannews, MTV's Josh Horowitz caught up with Shailene Woodley at the Sundance Film Festival and asked her about her Mary Jane status.
"I don't know anything, but seeing as how they picked up the next two 'Divergent' films, I don't know how I would keep my sanity with two big action films in one year. But anything can happen," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM