‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Admits Shailene Woodley and Him Share a ‘Certain Love’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 13, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Ansel Elgort just admitted that he and Shailene Woodley share a "certain love". Elgort and Woodley's chemistry on "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) has been difficult to ignore since the new on-screen couple made sure to act every moment in the movie with such passion.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Goes Shirtless, Admits He Doesn’t Want to ‘Just Be An Actor Forever’
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Admits to Posing with Movie Posters in Subways on ‘The Tonight Show’ [WATCH VIDEO]
"Shailene and I share a certain love," Ansel Elgort told The Guardian.
Though author John Green might have had doubts about Woodley and Elgort appearing as couple in 'TFIOS' after being siblings in the "Divergent" series, seeing the two together bringing Hazel Lancaster and Gus Waters to life appears to have changed everything.
The love that Elgort was saying, however, was only "friendship love". The "Divergent" actor admitted that it was what he and Woodley had in "The Fault in Our Stars."
"I think it's more than a love story, it's like the opposite of Romeo and Juliet - it's not lust; it's real love," the 20-year-old actor revealed. "And, you know, they have sex just because they're in Amsterdam and are probably never going to have sex otherwise - so let's do it, I guess."
Elgort also revealed that what he and Shailene Woodley had in the movie adaptation of John Green's novel was "refreshing" and "not cheesy love".
Prior to the release of 'TFIOS,' Green talked to MTV News about Woodley and Elgort's characters. Green admitted that Elgort appeared to have been the "absolute revelation" in the movie.
"Everyone knows Shailene is prodigiously talented, but Ansel is just wonderful," John Green told MTV News. "He is my Gus."
Ansel Elgort and Shailene Woodley are set to appear together again on screens, although as siblings, in the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" reportedly set for a March 20, 2015 release.
Elgort, who recently admitted that he is into music and doesn't want to be "just an actor forever" has showed great potential as an actor that a Los Angeles Daily News report predicted prior to the movie release that he is about to become the "prince of young adult movies."
The prediction may have come true as the majority of reviews for the young adult movie appeared to have been positive. The movie received 82 percent "fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes with 92 percent of the audience saying that they "liked" what they saw.
"The Fault in Our Stars" is also gaining success at the box office. According to data from Box Office Mojo, 'TFIOS' grabbed the number 1 spot at the weekend box office with $48 million on its first week, putting Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent" at number two and Tom Cruise's "Edge of Tomorrow" at number three.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko