‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler: Two Heads for Sarah Paulson’s Character [PHOTO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 13, 2014 7:27 PM EST
In Season 4 of "American Horror Story," which is subtitled "Freak Show," Sarah Paulson is playing a character who has two heads. The two heads are called Bette and Dot.
Paulson took to Twitter to reveal about the role, or roles, she is set to play in the upcoming season of the popular FX's horror anthology series. "So excited to be playing Bette AND Dot this season. Two heads are better than one!" the actress posted on her Twitter page and also posted a photo of her look -- two heads -- in the show.
— Sarah Paulson (@MsSarahPaulson) June 12, 2014
Paulson will be playing one of the performers who has been rescued by Jessica Lange's character. Lange is playing the role of a German ex-pat who is running one of the last freaks in Jupiter, Florida. The performers will do anything to keep the freak show in business. The fourth season of "American Horror Story" is set in 1950.
Talking about her initial reaction when she first read about her role in "American Horror Story" Season 4, Paulson said to E! Online, it can be summed-up in two words, "Holy s-t!" The actress feels that it is the "appropriate reaction you want when you read the first script of American Horror Story."
"So it's very exciting and totally nerve-wracking in the best way because you think, 'How the hell am I going to pull this off?!' And as an actor, I think that's an exciting thing to feel," Paulson said to E! Online.
After the Season 3 wrapped-up, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that they want to keep the fourth edition lighter in tone, just like "Coven." Recently in an interview, he revealed that "Freak Show" is becoming darker in tone.
Paulson revealed to E! Online that "Freak Show" is turning out to be a "kind of beautiful hybrid between "Coven" and "Asylum."" This means "American Horror Story-Freak Show" will be both lighter and darker in tone.
"There's going to be a little bit of a richer and potentially darker tone the way Asylum had, but with the humour infused from Coven," Paulson said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4