‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler: Two Heads for Sarah Paulson’s Character [PHOTO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 13, 2014 7:27 PM EST
In Season 4 of "American Horror Story," which is subtitled "Freak Show," Sarah Paulson is playing a character who has two heads. The two heads are called Bette and Dot.
Paulson took to Twitter to reveal about the role, or roles, she is set to play in the upcoming season of the popular FX's horror anthology series. "So excited to be playing Bette AND Dot this season. Two heads are better than one!" the actress posted on her Twitter page and also posted a photo of her look -- two heads -- in the show.
— Sarah Paulson (@MsSarahPaulson) June 12, 2014
Paulson will be playing one of the performers who has been rescued by Jessica Lange's character. Lange is playing the role of a German ex-pat who is running one of the last freaks in Jupiter, Florida. The performers will do anything to keep the freak show in business. The fourth season of "American Horror Story" is set in 1950.
Talking about her initial reaction when she first read about her role in "American Horror Story" Season 4, Paulson said to E! Online, it can be summed-up in two words, "Holy s-t!" The actress feels that it is the "appropriate reaction you want when you read the first script of American Horror Story."
"So it's very exciting and totally nerve-wracking in the best way because you think, 'How the hell am I going to pull this off?!' And as an actor, I think that's an exciting thing to feel," Paulson said to E! Online.
After the Season 3 wrapped-up, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that they want to keep the fourth edition lighter in tone, just like "Coven." Recently in an interview, he revealed that "Freak Show" is becoming darker in tone.
Paulson revealed to E! Online that "Freak Show" is turning out to be a "kind of beautiful hybrid between "Coven" and "Asylum."" This means "American Horror Story-Freak Show" will be both lighter and darker in tone.
"There's going to be a little bit of a richer and potentially darker tone the way Asylum had, but with the humour infused from Coven," Paulson said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’