New Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4) vs. LG G Pad (8.3) – Specs, Release Date and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 13, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Samsung announced two variants of its Tab series of tablets in an event organized in New York on June 12, 2014. The new Galaxy Tab S tablets come with 8.4 inches and 10.5 inches display. Both the tablets pack killer features and terrific hardware specifications.
However, when it comes to 8 inches plus tablets, the LG G Pad cannot be ignored. Here is a specification, feature and price comparison between the recently launched Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4 inches) and the LG G Pad.
Display, Size and Exterior
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S features an 8.4 inches Super AMOLED display with a stunning 2,560 x 1,600 pixel screen resolution. The LG G Pad, on the other hand, comes with an 8.3 inches IPS LCD display with 1,920 x 1,200 pixels resolution. In addition, the pixel strength of Galaxy Tab S stands-out at 359 ppi, while the LG G Pad comes with relatively lower 273 ppi of pixel density.
The Galaxy Tab S comes with a thickness and weight of 6.6 mm and 249 g respectively. Whereas the LG G Pad has a thickness of 8.3 mm and it weighs much higher than Tab S at 338 g. Hence the Galaxy Tab S is lighter and thinner when compared to the G Pad from LG. The exterior of the Galaxy Tab S is similar to the flagship Galaxy S5 smartphone with perforated textured rear. The LG G Pad, on the other hand, looks similar to the recently launched LG G3 smartphone.
Hardware and Software
The non-LTE version of Samsung Galaxy Tab S is powered by a superior octa-core (Exynos 5) processor clocked at (1.9 GHz quad-core and 1.3 GHz quad-core), and it houses 3 GB of RAM. In addition, the LTE version of Galaxy Tab S is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) processor clocked at 2.3 GHz.
The LG G Pad, on the other hand, is powered by a relatively inferior quad-core (Snapdragon 600) processor clocked at 1.7 GHz and it comes with only 2 GB of RAM. Both the tablets run on skinned versions of Android 4.4 KitKat OS.
The Galaxy Tab S comes with 16 GB and 32 GB of internal storage capacity and it supports microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB. The LG G Pad comes with a built-in storage capacity of 16 GB; in addition, it supports microSD card for expansion up to 64 GB.
The LG G Pad houses a 5 MP rear-facing camera without flash and a 1.3 MP front-facing camera unit. While the Galaxy Tab S comes with an 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 2.1 MP front-facing camera unit.
The Galaxy Tab S houses a whopping 4900 mAh battery unit with 'Ultra Power Saving' mode. The LG G Pad also packs a stunning 4800 mAh battery unit.
The LG G Pad comes in black and white shades, whereas the Samsung Galaxy Tab S will come in titanium bronze and dazzling white shades.
1. While the Galaxy Tab S comes in LTE and non-LTE (or Wi-Fi only) models, the LG G Pad comes as a Wi-Fi only model.
2. The Galaxy Tab S is a killer tablet for the ones addicted to multi-tasking. In addition, the tablet can be used as a Remote PC.
3. The LG G Pad comes with the peculiar Knock Code option that allows users to unlock the device by taping a specific sequence. This tablet also features QSlide and QPair for multi-tasking and pairing the tablet to other LG devices.
4. The Galaxy Tab S houses a fingerprint scanner.
Price and Release Date
The LG G Pad 8.3 is priced at US$350, while the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 variant will be priced at US$399 and the 10.5 inches variant will be priced at US$499. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S will be released in selected markets starting July, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter