Tom Hiddleston Goes Country in Hank Williams’s Biopic
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 13, 2014 7:12 PM EST
Tom Hiddleston, the talented actor who got a popularity boost from playing the role of Loki, the charming villain of "Thor" and "The Avengers" would temporarily leave "Asgard" to go country. And this time, he would strum a guitar to portray the late Hank Williams in his biopic entitled "I Saw the Light."
Fans of the actor would see a new version of Tom Hiddleston as his character in the said biopic would showcase not just his susceptibility to sensitive matters but his singing chops as well. Yes, Tom could sing. And he would belt out some of the hits of the late country singer like "Your Cheatin' Heart."
In his Twitter account, Tom teased his 1.47 million followers with a shot of the film. He was wearing an American suit, a white hat, and holding a guitar in an abandoned place where he faced the light of the sun. He did not say anything in this Tweet except the text "I Saw the Light."
This movie would prove the ability of Tom Hiddleston to play different characters. Even with the absence of grand costumes and the cool septer, he could capture the character using his distinctive blue-green eyes and friendly smile. His voice was also used in poetry reading like E.E. Cummings's poems and as Charles Darwin for the TV documentary "Darwin's Secret Notebook." But this might be the first time where he would sing the complete list of songs for the movie. He would play as Hank Williams and demonstrate how the artist started and his downfall from issues of drug addiction.
Hank Williams rose to fame in 1930s as a country artist. He was one of the performers of Grand Ole Opry, an enormous concert composed of the most well-known country singers. But his drug addiction affected the condition of his health, eventually perishing from its effect at the age of 29.
Meanwhile, Tom started doing films after graduating from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. While he was most famous for portraying Loki, he also landed the roles of Captain Nicholls in "War Horse" and Adam in "Only Lovers Left Alive." His popularity continues to grow as his Facebook Fan site has gathered 1.8 million followers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand