Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Speaks Up on Beyonce & Jay Z Divorce Reports, Calls Beyonce an 'Amazing Wife and Mother'
By nidhi tewari | June 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Michelle Williams has spoken about the latest "Destiny's Child" reunion and has come out in support of her co-singer and "soul mate" Beyonce Knowles, who has been embroiled in the controversy of divorce and cheating rumours. Michelle has called Queen Bey as an "amazing wife and mother" in her latest interview.
There has been a strong speculation in the media that things are not rosy between Beyonce and Jay Z especially after the famous MET Gala elevator fight where Beyonce's sister Solange was seen attacking her husband Jay Z in a furious mood. There were several reports in various publications that suggested that Jay Z has been womanizing and this is what irked Solange thus defending her sister in a wild manner. Some Web sites also suggested that Beyonce and Jay Z are heading for a divorce and the two are keeping things normal on the surface because they have announced a tour together and also want to earn money for their daughter Blue Ivy.
But Michelle Williams has rubbished all these rumours and has come out in defense of Beyonce. "As far as Beyonce's concerned it's amazing to see her be an amazing wife and mother," Williams revealed to usmagazine.com in a recent interview.
"Everybody's their own woman doing their own thing," Williams added. Williams also talked about how excited she was to reunite with Kelly Rowland and Beyonce at the latest Destiny's Child reunion where they got to sing the song "Say Yes" together.
"I'm so glad that I did it," Williams told the Web site. "Of course, it features Kelly and Beyonce on there, which just adds more amazingness to it." The three singers have been in a friendly relationship since Destiny's Child disbanded in 2005. Williams said she became nostalgic at the get together and it was "so much fun."
"No matter what, with our three voices together, there's no harmony like that. That blend that we [have]... there's something spiritual about it," Williams said in the interview.
Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland got together and even had Solange Knowles in New Jersey to lend their voices to one of Michelle Williams' upbeat tracks called "Say Yes." The trio shot a music video in Maplewood, New Jersey in May. Read more about it here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop