Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Speaks Up on Beyonce & Jay Z Divorce Reports, Calls Beyonce an 'Amazing Wife and Mother'
By nidhi tewari | June 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Michelle Williams has spoken about the latest "Destiny's Child" reunion and has come out in support of her co-singer and "soul mate" Beyonce Knowles, who has been embroiled in the controversy of divorce and cheating rumours. Michelle has called Queen Bey as an "amazing wife and mother" in her latest interview.
There has been a strong speculation in the media that things are not rosy between Beyonce and Jay Z especially after the famous MET Gala elevator fight where Beyonce's sister Solange was seen attacking her husband Jay Z in a furious mood. There were several reports in various publications that suggested that Jay Z has been womanizing and this is what irked Solange thus defending her sister in a wild manner. Some Web sites also suggested that Beyonce and Jay Z are heading for a divorce and the two are keeping things normal on the surface because they have announced a tour together and also want to earn money for their daughter Blue Ivy.
But Michelle Williams has rubbished all these rumours and has come out in defense of Beyonce. "As far as Beyonce's concerned it's amazing to see her be an amazing wife and mother," Williams revealed to usmagazine.com in a recent interview.
"Everybody's their own woman doing their own thing," Williams added. Williams also talked about how excited she was to reunite with Kelly Rowland and Beyonce at the latest Destiny's Child reunion where they got to sing the song "Say Yes" together.
"I'm so glad that I did it," Williams told the Web site. "Of course, it features Kelly and Beyonce on there, which just adds more amazingness to it." The three singers have been in a friendly relationship since Destiny's Child disbanded in 2005. Williams said she became nostalgic at the get together and it was "so much fun."
"No matter what, with our three voices together, there's no harmony like that. That blend that we [have]... there's something spiritual about it," Williams said in the interview.
Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland got together and even had Solange Knowles in New Jersey to lend their voices to one of Michelle Williams' upbeat tracks called "Say Yes." The trio shot a music video in Maplewood, New Jersey in May. Read more about it here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports