Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Speaks Up on Beyonce & Jay Z Divorce Reports, Calls Beyonce an 'Amazing Wife and Mother'
By nidhi tewari | June 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Michelle Williams has spoken about the latest "Destiny's Child" reunion and has come out in support of her co-singer and "soul mate" Beyonce Knowles, who has been embroiled in the controversy of divorce and cheating rumours. Michelle has called Queen Bey as an "amazing wife and mother" in her latest interview.
There has been a strong speculation in the media that things are not rosy between Beyonce and Jay Z especially after the famous MET Gala elevator fight where Beyonce's sister Solange was seen attacking her husband Jay Z in a furious mood. There were several reports in various publications that suggested that Jay Z has been womanizing and this is what irked Solange thus defending her sister in a wild manner. Some Web sites also suggested that Beyonce and Jay Z are heading for a divorce and the two are keeping things normal on the surface because they have announced a tour together and also want to earn money for their daughter Blue Ivy.
But Michelle Williams has rubbished all these rumours and has come out in defense of Beyonce. "As far as Beyonce's concerned it's amazing to see her be an amazing wife and mother," Williams revealed to usmagazine.com in a recent interview.
"Everybody's their own woman doing their own thing," Williams added. Williams also talked about how excited she was to reunite with Kelly Rowland and Beyonce at the latest Destiny's Child reunion where they got to sing the song "Say Yes" together.
"I'm so glad that I did it," Williams told the Web site. "Of course, it features Kelly and Beyonce on there, which just adds more amazingness to it." The three singers have been in a friendly relationship since Destiny's Child disbanded in 2005. Williams said she became nostalgic at the get together and it was "so much fun."
"No matter what, with our three voices together, there's no harmony like that. That blend that we [have]... there's something spiritual about it," Williams said in the interview.
Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland got together and even had Solange Knowles in New Jersey to lend their voices to one of Michelle Williams' upbeat tracks called "Say Yes." The trio shot a music video in Maplewood, New Jersey in May. Read more about it here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hints CW TV Series Could End With Season 6, Shares Latest Project on Instagram
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements