Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Speaks Up on Beyonce & Jay Z Divorce Reports, Calls Beyonce an 'Amazing Wife and Mother'
By nidhi tewari | June 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Michelle Williams has spoken about the latest "Destiny's Child" reunion and has come out in support of her co-singer and "soul mate" Beyonce Knowles, who has been embroiled in the controversy of divorce and cheating rumours. Michelle has called Queen Bey as an "amazing wife and mother" in her latest interview.
There has been a strong speculation in the media that things are not rosy between Beyonce and Jay Z especially after the famous MET Gala elevator fight where Beyonce's sister Solange was seen attacking her husband Jay Z in a furious mood. There were several reports in various publications that suggested that Jay Z has been womanizing and this is what irked Solange thus defending her sister in a wild manner. Some Web sites also suggested that Beyonce and Jay Z are heading for a divorce and the two are keeping things normal on the surface because they have announced a tour together and also want to earn money for their daughter Blue Ivy.
But Michelle Williams has rubbished all these rumours and has come out in defense of Beyonce. "As far as Beyonce's concerned it's amazing to see her be an amazing wife and mother," Williams revealed to usmagazine.com in a recent interview.
"Everybody's their own woman doing their own thing," Williams added. Williams also talked about how excited she was to reunite with Kelly Rowland and Beyonce at the latest Destiny's Child reunion where they got to sing the song "Say Yes" together.
"I'm so glad that I did it," Williams told the Web site. "Of course, it features Kelly and Beyonce on there, which just adds more amazingness to it." The three singers have been in a friendly relationship since Destiny's Child disbanded in 2005. Williams said she became nostalgic at the get together and it was "so much fun."
"No matter what, with our three voices together, there's no harmony like that. That blend that we [have]... there's something spiritual about it," Williams said in the interview.
Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland got together and even had Solange Knowles in New Jersey to lend their voices to one of Michelle Williams' upbeat tracks called "Say Yes." The trio shot a music video in Maplewood, New Jersey in May. Read more about it here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8