Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Speaks Up on Beyonce & Jay Z Divorce Reports, Calls Beyonce an 'Amazing Wife and Mother'
By nidhi tewari | June 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Michelle Williams has spoken about the latest "Destiny's Child" reunion and has come out in support of her co-singer and "soul mate" Beyonce Knowles, who has been embroiled in the controversy of divorce and cheating rumours. Michelle has called Queen Bey as an "amazing wife and mother" in her latest interview.
There has been a strong speculation in the media that things are not rosy between Beyonce and Jay Z especially after the famous MET Gala elevator fight where Beyonce's sister Solange was seen attacking her husband Jay Z in a furious mood. There were several reports in various publications that suggested that Jay Z has been womanizing and this is what irked Solange thus defending her sister in a wild manner. Some Web sites also suggested that Beyonce and Jay Z are heading for a divorce and the two are keeping things normal on the surface because they have announced a tour together and also want to earn money for their daughter Blue Ivy.
But Michelle Williams has rubbished all these rumours and has come out in defense of Beyonce. "As far as Beyonce's concerned it's amazing to see her be an amazing wife and mother," Williams revealed to usmagazine.com in a recent interview.
"Everybody's their own woman doing their own thing," Williams added. Williams also talked about how excited she was to reunite with Kelly Rowland and Beyonce at the latest Destiny's Child reunion where they got to sing the song "Say Yes" together.
"I'm so glad that I did it," Williams told the Web site. "Of course, it features Kelly and Beyonce on there, which just adds more amazingness to it." The three singers have been in a friendly relationship since Destiny's Child disbanded in 2005. Williams said she became nostalgic at the get together and it was "so much fun."
"No matter what, with our three voices together, there's no harmony like that. That blend that we [have]... there's something spiritual about it," Williams said in the interview.
Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland got together and even had Solange Knowles in New Jersey to lend their voices to one of Michelle Williams' upbeat tracks called "Say Yes." The trio shot a music video in Maplewood, New Jersey in May. Read more about it here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date