Nokia X vs. Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 – Specifications and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 13, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Nokia Lumia 520 was released in February 2013, while the Motorola Moto E and Nokia X were released in May and February 2014 respectively. The aforementioned smartphones are not only popular for the price range but also for the impressive software and hardware specifications. Readers who are planning to purchase one of the Nokia X, the Moto E or the Lumia 520, here is a specification and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
Display and Exterior
Both Lumia 520 and Nokia X feature 4 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, whereas the Moto E comes with a slightly bigger 4.3 inches screen and 540 x 960 pixels resolution. The thickness and the weight of the Lumia 520 are 0.39 inches and 124 g respectively. The Moto E, on the other hand, comes with a thickness of 0.48 inches and it weighs relatively higher at 142 g. The Nokia X is 0.41 inches thick and it weighs 129 g. Hence, the Lumia 520 handset is relatively thinner and lighter when compared to other two handsets.
It is worth noting that, the Moto E comes with a peculiar waterproof coating. Even though, this coating cannot be compared to the IP67 certified (water resistant) Samsung Galaxy S5, the phone is water repellent and splash proof.
Hardware and Software
The Lumia 520 is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus) Krait processor, clocked at 1.0 GHz and it comes with 512 MB of RAM. On the other hand, the Moto E is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200) ARM Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz, which houses a 1 GB of RAM. The Nokia X is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4) ARM Cortex-A5 processor, clocked at 1 GHz. This handset houses the same 512 MB of RAM similar to Lumia 520.
Both Moto E and Lumia 520 handsets sport 5 MP rear-facing camera units without LED flash. The Nokia X houses only a 3 MP primary camera with no flash. Also, there is no secondary camera unit in any of these phones.
The Lumia 520 comes with 8 GB of internal storage and it supports microSD slot for expansion up to 64 GB. The Moto E and the Nokia X, on the other hand, come with only 4 GB of internal storage but the handsets support microSD card for expansion up to 32 GB.
Lumia 520 houses a user-replaceable 1430 mAh battery unit, while the Moto E features a comparatively better 1980 mAh non-removable battery unit. The Nokia X, on the other hand, features a non-removable 1500 mAh battery unit.
All three phones support micro-sim. It is worth noting that, while the Nokia X is a dual-sim handset, several variants of Moto E supports dual-sim mode.
The Moto E comes with a black front panel; however, there are seven different colours to choose from, for the back panel. The Lumia 520, on the other hand, comes in four different shades black, white, red and blue. The Nokia X also comes in four different colours red, white, black and green.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell