Sony Xperia Z2: Top 5 Features review
By Sachin Trivedi | June 13, 2014 6:36 PM EST
The flagship smartphone from Sony, the Xperia Z2 has some exciting features which make it stand out from the competition. Announced in February 2014, the device is already one of the best sellers in Australia. Here is a review of the Top Five Features of the device:
A logo of Sony Corp is pictured at an electronic store in Tokyo May 14, 2014. Sony Corp said on Wednesday it expects to log a 50 billion yen ($489 million) net loss this financial year, its sixth in seven years, and plans additional restructuring measures that include its loss-making PC operations. REUTERS/Toru Hanai
Feature #1 - Camera and Camera Apps
Perhaps the best feature that Sony devices are known for is the camera, and the Xperia Z2 is no different. The device sports a massive 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.2 MP.
The primary camera on the device can record 4K video. The images are captured using the G Lens in the camera and the image processing engine is BIONZ. The technology allows users to take stunning pictures even in low light conditions.
The device comes loaded with a number of exciting camera apps. The apps allows the user to create a blurred out background, add creative effects to the pictures, slow down a section of the video and share images live on social media platforms like Facebook.
Feature #2 - Speakers
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with dual stereo speakers, which deliver a great listening experience for music lovers. The MDR-NC31EM headphones feature digital noise cancellation technology. The technology cancels all the unwanted noise from the surroundings.
The ClearAudio+ feature in the smartphone automatically chooses the best audio quality settings and delivers a clear audio for the users.
Feature #3 - Display
The Sony Xperia Z2 features a 5.2-inch Full HD TRILUMINOUS display, which renders 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution and 424 ppi pixel density. The screen on the device is an IPS LCD capacitive touch screen.
The TRILUMINOUS display technology from Sony delivers a wider array of colours. The technology is able to better capture the actual colours of the object like the different shades in the ocean or a beautiful landscape.
Feature #4 - Waterproof and Dust Resistant
The Sony Xperia Z2 can withstand water of up to 1.5 meters or about 5 feet. The water resistance of the device allows the user to take it into the water for no more than 30 minutes. The device is also resistant to tiny dust particles.
Feature #5 - Near Field Communication
The Near Field Communication feature or the NFC allows the user to connect with other electronic devices using the Sony Xperia Z2. Users can look at pictures taken by the smartphone on their TV, control the Sony wireless speakers and transfer files to a NFC enabled laptop.
Sony Xperia Z3 Tipped to be Super Slim - Release Date and Leaked Specs [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report