Super Smash Bros 4 Characters Update: Paluneta, Mii Fighters and Amiibo Unveiled
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 13, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The release of Super Smash Bros 4 in 3DS is postponed until Fall, but new characters made the wait more exciting. During Nintendo's Treehouse livestream event, the Mii Fighters and Kid Icrasus's Palutena were made public.
Using Miis in the battle were surprisingly left out of the Wii version, Brawl; while Super Smash Bros 4 on Wii U answers that problem giving players new types Mii Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner. Also there are three individual fighting styles and skills Miis could to pick from; thus, Super Smash Bros 4 will let everyone's character bring something different to the table.
At this point, Nintendo still has more to reveal as the Super Smash Bros 4 announcements keep on coming out. During the last part of the event, the company showed a well-animated fight between Link and Pit. With all the arrows and hookshots flying over the battle, Palutena came out and broke the battle. The fantastic fighter will join Pit, Link and the other 29 Nintendo characters this Summer, Autumn and Winter.
The anticipated Super Smash Bros 4 character announcements doesn't stop there though. Just like what Nintendo gamers saw with Skylanders, Nintendo is venturing into toy-assisted gameplay in its upcoming game with Amiibo. Having Amiibo, Smash Bros 4 characters can be gathered on the field by putting the proper figurines onto the Wii U gamepad. The more players use the characters connected with the toy, the more they change. For example, Mario will recall specific stats and fighting styles. One thing is for sure, Amiibo will certainly be helpful for Nintendo, but still it is not very sure how fair it will be to some fighters to rapidly summon a teammate as Iwata did to Fils-Aime. Unnecessary to say his body was not Reggie for what happened.
Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros 4's release date on Wii U is scheduled for the holiday season later this year. For the Wii U release date, Super Smash Bros 4 is expected to bring a number of games to Nintendo players and a very important adapter. The original Wii supported GameCube controllers will be introduced with the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone