Super Smash Bros 4 Characters Update: Paluneta, Mii Fighters and Amiibo Unveiled
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 13, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The release of Super Smash Bros 4 in 3DS is postponed until Fall, but new characters made the wait more exciting. During Nintendo's Treehouse livestream event, the Mii Fighters and Kid Icrasus's Palutena were made public.
Using Miis in the battle were surprisingly left out of the Wii version, Brawl; while Super Smash Bros 4 on Wii U answers that problem giving players new types Mii Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner. Also there are three individual fighting styles and skills Miis could to pick from; thus, Super Smash Bros 4 will let everyone's character bring something different to the table.
At this point, Nintendo still has more to reveal as the Super Smash Bros 4 announcements keep on coming out. During the last part of the event, the company showed a well-animated fight between Link and Pit. With all the arrows and hookshots flying over the battle, Palutena came out and broke the battle. The fantastic fighter will join Pit, Link and the other 29 Nintendo characters this Summer, Autumn and Winter.
The anticipated Super Smash Bros 4 character announcements doesn't stop there though. Just like what Nintendo gamers saw with Skylanders, Nintendo is venturing into toy-assisted gameplay in its upcoming game with Amiibo. Having Amiibo, Smash Bros 4 characters can be gathered on the field by putting the proper figurines onto the Wii U gamepad. The more players use the characters connected with the toy, the more they change. For example, Mario will recall specific stats and fighting styles. One thing is for sure, Amiibo will certainly be helpful for Nintendo, but still it is not very sure how fair it will be to some fighters to rapidly summon a teammate as Iwata did to Fils-Aime. Unnecessary to say his body was not Reggie for what happened.
Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros 4's release date on Wii U is scheduled for the holiday season later this year. For the Wii U release date, Super Smash Bros 4 is expected to bring a number of games to Nintendo players and a very important adapter. The original Wii supported GameCube controllers will be introduced with the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James