Super Smash Bros 4 Characters Update: Paluneta, Mii Fighters and Amiibo Unveiled
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 13, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The release of Super Smash Bros 4 in 3DS is postponed until Fall, but new characters made the wait more exciting. During Nintendo's Treehouse livestream event, the Mii Fighters and Kid Icrasus's Palutena were made public.
Using Miis in the battle were surprisingly left out of the Wii version, Brawl; while Super Smash Bros 4 on Wii U answers that problem giving players new types Mii Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner. Also there are three individual fighting styles and skills Miis could to pick from; thus, Super Smash Bros 4 will let everyone's character bring something different to the table.
At this point, Nintendo still has more to reveal as the Super Smash Bros 4 announcements keep on coming out. During the last part of the event, the company showed a well-animated fight between Link and Pit. With all the arrows and hookshots flying over the battle, Palutena came out and broke the battle. The fantastic fighter will join Pit, Link and the other 29 Nintendo characters this Summer, Autumn and Winter.
The anticipated Super Smash Bros 4 character announcements doesn't stop there though. Just like what Nintendo gamers saw with Skylanders, Nintendo is venturing into toy-assisted gameplay in its upcoming game with Amiibo. Having Amiibo, Smash Bros 4 characters can be gathered on the field by putting the proper figurines onto the Wii U gamepad. The more players use the characters connected with the toy, the more they change. For example, Mario will recall specific stats and fighting styles. One thing is for sure, Amiibo will certainly be helpful for Nintendo, but still it is not very sure how fair it will be to some fighters to rapidly summon a teammate as Iwata did to Fils-Aime. Unnecessary to say his body was not Reggie for what happened.
Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros 4's release date on Wii U is scheduled for the holiday season later this year. For the Wii U release date, Super Smash Bros 4 is expected to bring a number of games to Nintendo players and a very important adapter. The original Wii supported GameCube controllers will be introduced with the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports