Super Smash Bros 4 Characters Update: Paluneta, Mii Fighters and Amiibo Unveiled
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 13, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The release of Super Smash Bros 4 in 3DS is postponed until Fall, but new characters made the wait more exciting. During Nintendo's Treehouse livestream event, the Mii Fighters and Kid Icrasus's Palutena were made public.
Using Miis in the battle were surprisingly left out of the Wii version, Brawl; while Super Smash Bros 4 on Wii U answers that problem giving players new types Mii Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner. Also there are three individual fighting styles and skills Miis could to pick from; thus, Super Smash Bros 4 will let everyone's character bring something different to the table.
At this point, Nintendo still has more to reveal as the Super Smash Bros 4 announcements keep on coming out. During the last part of the event, the company showed a well-animated fight between Link and Pit. With all the arrows and hookshots flying over the battle, Palutena came out and broke the battle. The fantastic fighter will join Pit, Link and the other 29 Nintendo characters this Summer, Autumn and Winter.
The anticipated Super Smash Bros 4 character announcements doesn't stop there though. Just like what Nintendo gamers saw with Skylanders, Nintendo is venturing into toy-assisted gameplay in its upcoming game with Amiibo. Having Amiibo, Smash Bros 4 characters can be gathered on the field by putting the proper figurines onto the Wii U gamepad. The more players use the characters connected with the toy, the more they change. For example, Mario will recall specific stats and fighting styles. One thing is for sure, Amiibo will certainly be helpful for Nintendo, but still it is not very sure how fair it will be to some fighters to rapidly summon a teammate as Iwata did to Fils-Aime. Unnecessary to say his body was not Reggie for what happened.
Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros 4's release date on Wii U is scheduled for the holiday season later this year. For the Wii U release date, Super Smash Bros 4 is expected to bring a number of games to Nintendo players and a very important adapter. The original Wii supported GameCube controllers will be introduced with the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements