UK to Host 'Star Wars' Production
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 13, 2014 6:20 PM EST
Science fiction geeks from the galaxy have gotten more thrilled as Chancellor George Osborne revealed the place of "Star Wars" production. Britsh fans would be delighted to hear that UK will host its production.
The chancellor confirmed this in his Twitter account, along with the picture of him, "Star Wars" Director J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm President Kathy Kennedy. The studio that would take care the said production would be Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire where the cast would work with the British crew.
"Star Wars" first captured the admiration of movie goers in 1977. It was about the quest of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia to end the empire of Darth Vader.
Since then, its following grew larger, cosplayers portrayed "Star Wars" characters, and it became a part of pop culture. Viewers would not forget Darth Vader's revelation to Luke Skywalker. "I am Your Father," the line of the Sith lord and "Nooooooo, " the reply of the Jedi, still resonated as one of the most memorable scenes in Hollywood.
Fans continued to support its merchandise until the installment reached six adaptations. The first trilogy was in late 1970s and early 1980s with the total gross of over $1 billion while the prequel, which also spanned to three installments, was aired 16 years after and earned over $2 billion.
It starred Natalie Portman as Queen Amidala and Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker who later turned into Darth Vader. But it did not end there. In fact, there will be another set of trilogy that will air on 2015, starting from "Star Wars VII" under Walt Disney Company that bought Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion. Gareth Edwards, director of the movie Godzilla, would direct this sci-fi film.
Harrison Ford, who played the role Han Solo already started filming and was recently reported to get injured while filming. Carrie Fisher who played as Princess Leia and Mark Hamill who portrayed Luke Skywalker would be back to star in this film.
There were also new characters such as John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Lupita Nyong'o and Adam Driver. But their roles in the movie remain a mystery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles