Seth Rogen Shows 'The Interview's' Controversial Poster
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 13, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Seth Rogen displayed to his Twitter followers the new poster of his upcoming film, "The Interview" with James Franco on June 12. And it was filled with North Korean soldiers, Korean texts, missiles and Kim Jong-un.
While the poster's focus was the faces of its lead actors, it reeked of politically-inspired graphics as they were surrounded by the things that were usually seen in the war. It also illustrated the North Korean dictator, Kim Jong-un, only drawn in a cartoonish manner. Another notable text in the poster was, "From the Western Capitalist pigs who Brought You 'Neighbors' and 'This is the End.'"
This bold poster described the plot of the movie: Dave Skylark (James Franco) was a popular tabloid journalist. He was a favorite of Kim Jong-un himself so he invited the former to his territory to interview him. But he and his producer, (Seth Rogen) had another mission aside from the interview. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) gave them the task to assassinate the North Korean leader. And everything went crazy as they spearheaded to carry out their mission.
The trailer of "The Interview" was also as controversial as its poster. It started with a North Korean children playing guitar, followed by the series of wacky snippets of Seth and James attempting to kill the leader. Another hilarious quote from the trailer was, "Kim Jong-un's people will believe anything he tells them, including that he can speak to dolphins or he doesn't urinate and defecate." It was so funny and bold that Seth said to his Twitter, "I am incrdibly proud and a little bit frightened to present the first teaser for our next movie."
This politcal satire would launch fiery scenes of gunz blazing and tank running, combined with puns and punchlines, and the real-life buddies' chemistry when it comes to comdey. These actors have proven their comedic chops in their movie, "This is the End" with a gross of over $126 million.
"The Interview" will hit the screen on Oct. 10. Lizzy Caplan will join Seth and James to this hilarity and well, the impersonator of Kim Jong-un.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone