Father’s Day 2014: ‘Calls For Dad’ #RealDadMoments Ad Tells What Fatherhood is All About [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 13, 2014 5:48 PM EST
While most fathers are being ignored and oftentimes forgotten, the "Calls For Dad" ad from Dove has showcased #RealDadMoments, directly addressing why fathers should never be overlooked.
With the upcoming Father's Day 2014 celebration, usually celebrated every third Sunday of June, Dove decided to run an ad that tells what fatherhood is all about.
A father lights his daughter's candle at the Jewish Museum, site of a shooting in central Brussels, May 25, 2014.
In the Dove Men+Care "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, the father teaches his child how to swim, feeds, washes, plays with his child and rescues his children when they couldn't sleep at night.
The video clip, which has now gone viral with more than two million views on YouTube, shows the responsibility of a father and the little things that he does, which are mostly unrecognized as opposed to the big sacrifices mothers are known to do for their children.
According to the description of the clip, three quarters of fathers said they are "responsible for the emotional well-being" of their children with 20 percent saying otherwise it is the media's responsibility.
In an article titled, "Why Fatherhood Matters," published in the June-July 2013 issue of Esquire magazine, fatherhood is described as something "real" and "classically aspirational, marker of class, pure and simple."
"The appeal of fatherhood is that it irrevocably binds you to another person. Sex is basically an exchange of pleasantries now. Marriage is instantly reversible. But fatherhood is real," Stephen Marche, author of the article, wrote.
Fathers, according to an article written by Traci Gray on focusonthefamily.com, used to work side by side with their sons, teaching their children all the proper spiritual values. But when industrialization took over, a father became no longer an always-present figure in the household.
Fathers began to be looked upon as breadwinners, merely providing the needs for the family and mostly gone to work and never gotten enough quality time with their children.
Through the Dove "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, however, fathers' #RealDadMoments are emphasized despite all the glitches. A father still has time to answer his children's call whenever they get stuck with a broken car or dance with his daughter during her wedding day.
"For all the times they've answered our call... Isn't it time to celebrate Dads?" the Dove Men+Care called out.
To everyone, Happy Father's Day!
WATCH: "Calls For Dad" by Dove Men+Care
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS