Father’s Day 2014: ‘Calls For Dad’ #RealDadMoments Ad Tells What Fatherhood is All About [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 13, 2014 5:48 PM EST
While most fathers are being ignored and oftentimes forgotten, the "Calls For Dad" ad from Dove has showcased #RealDadMoments, directly addressing why fathers should never be overlooked.
With the upcoming Father's Day 2014 celebration, usually celebrated every third Sunday of June, Dove decided to run an ad that tells what fatherhood is all about.
A father lights his daughter's candle at the Jewish Museum, site of a shooting in central Brussels, May 25, 2014.
In the Dove Men+Care "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, the father teaches his child how to swim, feeds, washes, plays with his child and rescues his children when they couldn't sleep at night.
The video clip, which has now gone viral with more than two million views on YouTube, shows the responsibility of a father and the little things that he does, which are mostly unrecognized as opposed to the big sacrifices mothers are known to do for their children.
According to the description of the clip, three quarters of fathers said they are "responsible for the emotional well-being" of their children with 20 percent saying otherwise it is the media's responsibility.
In an article titled, "Why Fatherhood Matters," published in the June-July 2013 issue of Esquire magazine, fatherhood is described as something "real" and "classically aspirational, marker of class, pure and simple."
"The appeal of fatherhood is that it irrevocably binds you to another person. Sex is basically an exchange of pleasantries now. Marriage is instantly reversible. But fatherhood is real," Stephen Marche, author of the article, wrote.
Fathers, according to an article written by Traci Gray on focusonthefamily.com, used to work side by side with their sons, teaching their children all the proper spiritual values. But when industrialization took over, a father became no longer an always-present figure in the household.
Fathers began to be looked upon as breadwinners, merely providing the needs for the family and mostly gone to work and never gotten enough quality time with their children.
Through the Dove "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, however, fathers' #RealDadMoments are emphasized despite all the glitches. A father still has time to answer his children's call whenever they get stuck with a broken car or dance with his daughter during her wedding day.
"For all the times they've answered our call... Isn't it time to celebrate Dads?" the Dove Men+Care called out.
To everyone, Happy Father's Day!
WATCH: "Calls For Dad" by Dove Men+Care
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows