Father’s Day 2014: ‘Calls For Dad’ #RealDadMoments Ad Tells What Fatherhood is All About [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 13, 2014 5:48 PM EST
While most fathers are being ignored and oftentimes forgotten, the "Calls For Dad" ad from Dove has showcased #RealDadMoments, directly addressing why fathers should never be overlooked.
With the upcoming Father's Day 2014 celebration, usually celebrated every third Sunday of June, Dove decided to run an ad that tells what fatherhood is all about.
A father lights his daughter's candle at the Jewish Museum, site of a shooting in central Brussels, May 25, 2014.
In the Dove Men+Care "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, the father teaches his child how to swim, feeds, washes, plays with his child and rescues his children when they couldn't sleep at night.
The video clip, which has now gone viral with more than two million views on YouTube, shows the responsibility of a father and the little things that he does, which are mostly unrecognized as opposed to the big sacrifices mothers are known to do for their children.
According to the description of the clip, three quarters of fathers said they are "responsible for the emotional well-being" of their children with 20 percent saying otherwise it is the media's responsibility.
In an article titled, "Why Fatherhood Matters," published in the June-July 2013 issue of Esquire magazine, fatherhood is described as something "real" and "classically aspirational, marker of class, pure and simple."
"The appeal of fatherhood is that it irrevocably binds you to another person. Sex is basically an exchange of pleasantries now. Marriage is instantly reversible. But fatherhood is real," Stephen Marche, author of the article, wrote.
Fathers, according to an article written by Traci Gray on focusonthefamily.com, used to work side by side with their sons, teaching their children all the proper spiritual values. But when industrialization took over, a father became no longer an always-present figure in the household.
Fathers began to be looked upon as breadwinners, merely providing the needs for the family and mostly gone to work and never gotten enough quality time with their children.
Through the Dove "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, however, fathers' #RealDadMoments are emphasized despite all the glitches. A father still has time to answer his children's call whenever they get stuck with a broken car or dance with his daughter during her wedding day.
"For all the times they've answered our call... Isn't it time to celebrate Dads?" the Dove Men+Care called out.
To everyone, Happy Father's Day!
WATCH: "Calls For Dad" by Dove Men+Care
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet