Father’s Day 2014: ‘Calls For Dad’ #RealDadMoments Ad Tells What Fatherhood is All About [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 13, 2014 5:48 PM EST
While most fathers are being ignored and oftentimes forgotten, the "Calls For Dad" ad from Dove has showcased #RealDadMoments, directly addressing why fathers should never be overlooked.
With the upcoming Father's Day 2014 celebration, usually celebrated every third Sunday of June, Dove decided to run an ad that tells what fatherhood is all about.
A father lights his daughter's candle at the Jewish Museum, site of a shooting in central Brussels, May 25, 2014.
In the Dove Men+Care "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, the father teaches his child how to swim, feeds, washes, plays with his child and rescues his children when they couldn't sleep at night.
The video clip, which has now gone viral with more than two million views on YouTube, shows the responsibility of a father and the little things that he does, which are mostly unrecognized as opposed to the big sacrifices mothers are known to do for their children.
According to the description of the clip, three quarters of fathers said they are "responsible for the emotional well-being" of their children with 20 percent saying otherwise it is the media's responsibility.
In an article titled, "Why Fatherhood Matters," published in the June-July 2013 issue of Esquire magazine, fatherhood is described as something "real" and "classically aspirational, marker of class, pure and simple."
"The appeal of fatherhood is that it irrevocably binds you to another person. Sex is basically an exchange of pleasantries now. Marriage is instantly reversible. But fatherhood is real," Stephen Marche, author of the article, wrote.
Fathers, according to an article written by Traci Gray on focusonthefamily.com, used to work side by side with their sons, teaching their children all the proper spiritual values. But when industrialization took over, a father became no longer an always-present figure in the household.
Fathers began to be looked upon as breadwinners, merely providing the needs for the family and mostly gone to work and never gotten enough quality time with their children.
Through the Dove "Calls For Dad" Father's Day ad, however, fathers' #RealDadMoments are emphasized despite all the glitches. A father still has time to answer his children's call whenever they get stuck with a broken car or dance with his daughter during her wedding day.
"For all the times they've answered our call... Isn't it time to celebrate Dads?" the Dove Men+Care called out.
To everyone, Happy Father's Day!
WATCH: "Calls For Dad" by Dove Men+Care
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- UN Vows to Bring MH17 Crash Perpetrators to Justice; Downing of Plane a 'War Crime'
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell