Justin Bieber Luck Changing: Escapes 'Felony Charges' Over Cellphone Robbery, Gets Back with Selena Gomez
By Annie Dee | June 13, 2014 5:20 PM EST
After all the controversies he had gone through, Justin Bieber can breathe a little sigh of relief. The verdict already came out on the cellphone robbery case he reportedly committed. He will no longer see the insides of the jail anytime soon nor face a felony case attached to his name, CNN reported. This good news come amidst reports that he and Selena Gomez are back together again!
REUTERS/Miami Beach Police De
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber is pictured in police custody in Miami Beach, Florida January 23, 2014 in this Miami Beach Police Department handout released to Reuters on March 4, 2014. Bieber was charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license after Miami Beach police say they caught him drag racing on January 23. Bieber pleaded not guilty to the charges. REUTERS/Miami Beach Police Dept./Handout via Reuters
Despite a woman's adamant claim the Canadian singer tried to steal her phone in the previous month, the Los Angeles County District Attorney does not think the case does not warrant felony prosecution.
Accordingly, Bieber will not be facing any felony charges. CNN noted it has obtained a document stating the incident that transpired at a miniature golf course on May 12 "does not warrant felony prosecution."
But the pop star still cannot be that complacent. The case will now be sent to the Los Angeles city attorney to determine if Bieber will be still charged with a misdemeanor, according to CNN.
When the woman accussed Bieber trying to steal her phone, Bieber quickly took to Twitter to air his side.
He tweeted, "It is hard to defend myself and my privacy every moment of the day ... The truth will set u free."
A source who's close to the "One Less Lonely Girl" singer said the incident did not happen.
"Justin was just enjoying hanging out with friends at the batting cage and playing mini-golf," the source told CNN. "This just wasn't a big deal."
"The woman didn't stand out," the source said.
"There were plenty of people taking pictures, some more aggressive than others ... which is totally normal. ... This is another example of someone making an issue where there isn't one."
Probably making the case more in favor of Justin was the fact that no one saw any type of commotion that day at the time the woman described.
None of the nine park employees interviewed by police said they saw "any kind of physical altercation or tug-of-war," the report said.
No security cameras were in a position to capture the reported crime scene. With this, Bieber's luck may be turning around.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown