Justin Bieber Luck Changing: Escapes 'Felony Charges' Over Cellphone Robbery, Gets Back with Selena Gomez
By Annie Dee | June 13, 2014 5:20 PM EST
After all the controversies he had gone through, Justin Bieber can breathe a little sigh of relief. The verdict already came out on the cellphone robbery case he reportedly committed. He will no longer see the insides of the jail anytime soon nor face a felony case attached to his name, CNN reported. This good news come amidst reports that he and Selena Gomez are back together again!
REUTERS/Miami Beach Police De
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber is pictured in police custody in Miami Beach, Florida January 23, 2014 in this Miami Beach Police Department handout released to Reuters on March 4, 2014. Bieber was charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license after Miami Beach police say they caught him drag racing on January 23. Bieber pleaded not guilty to the charges. REUTERS/Miami Beach Police Dept./Handout via Reuters
Despite a woman's adamant claim the Canadian singer tried to steal her phone in the previous month, the Los Angeles County District Attorney does not think the case does not warrant felony prosecution.
Accordingly, Bieber will not be facing any felony charges. CNN noted it has obtained a document stating the incident that transpired at a miniature golf course on May 12 "does not warrant felony prosecution."
But the pop star still cannot be that complacent. The case will now be sent to the Los Angeles city attorney to determine if Bieber will be still charged with a misdemeanor, according to CNN.
When the woman accussed Bieber trying to steal her phone, Bieber quickly took to Twitter to air his side.
He tweeted, "It is hard to defend myself and my privacy every moment of the day ... The truth will set u free."
A source who's close to the "One Less Lonely Girl" singer said the incident did not happen.
"Justin was just enjoying hanging out with friends at the batting cage and playing mini-golf," the source told CNN. "This just wasn't a big deal."
"The woman didn't stand out," the source said.
"There were plenty of people taking pictures, some more aggressive than others ... which is totally normal. ... This is another example of someone making an issue where there isn't one."
Probably making the case more in favor of Justin was the fact that no one saw any type of commotion that day at the time the woman described.
None of the nine park employees interviewed by police said they saw "any kind of physical altercation or tug-of-war," the report said.
No security cameras were in a position to capture the reported crime scene. With this, Bieber's luck may be turning around.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks