Michael Schumacher Has Been Released From Intensive Care Unit; To Receive Treatment in a Special Rehabilitation Clinic, According to a New Report
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Michael Schumacher has reportedly been released from neurosurgical intensive care unit, a new report states.
According to a news report by Colorful as reported by German news outlet Focus.de, Schumacher is now lying in another department of the University Hospital of Grenoble. Clinical sources who refused to identify themselves revealed that a "special rehabilitation clinic" is being prepared for Schumacher where he is slated to receive a kind of "rehab treatment," the Web site further reported. However, Schumacher obviously is not out of danger as the sources played down the thought of a complete recuperation for the 45-year-old retired racer.
Red Bull Formula One driver Sebastian Vettel of Germany takes the ''Michael Schumacher turn'' as he drives his car during day four of Formula One's final pre-season test at Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) in Sakhir south of Manama, March 2, 2014
"Schumacher's laying in a special rehabilitation clinic was being prepared and the chances of full recovery were dropped."
The report about Schumacher's alleged transfer to a rehab clinic was backed by another German media site, Bunte.de as reported by Abenzeitung Muenchen, which was also relying on vague information from undisclosed sources from the hospital.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm, who had previously been tasked to provide updates, has yet to comment or confirm the news.
It has been more than five months since Schumacher's tragic skiing crash in the slopes of Meribel in the French Alps. The seven-time world champion's family and manager last spoke about Schumacher's health condition in the middle of April, stating that the German ace has "moments of consciousness and awakening." Since then, the information on Schumacher's condition has been diminutive.
With the media absence, Schumacher's former colleagues can only continue to pray for his recovery. "I have been following it and hope he makes it," Nico Rosberg was quoted saying.
"We hope for a positive message, that he gets better," Sebastian Vettel said.
"I still think about him every day, I continue to pray for him," said Felipe Massa. "He's a good friend, he helped me a lot in my career."
"We knew him to be so strong, determined, and invincible," Fernando Alonso said during his run in Monaco. "What's happened to him was surreal. He was a hero, even to me, when I was racing karts. One day, I found myself facing him in F1. It was Michael Schumacher, the Michael we still hold in our hearts, and we're waiting for him to awake."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown