Michael Schumacher Has Been Released From Intensive Care Unit; To Receive Treatment in a Special Rehabilitation Clinic, According to a New Report
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Michael Schumacher has reportedly been released from neurosurgical intensive care unit, a new report states.
According to a news report by Colorful as reported by German news outlet Focus.de, Schumacher is now lying in another department of the University Hospital of Grenoble. Clinical sources who refused to identify themselves revealed that a "special rehabilitation clinic" is being prepared for Schumacher where he is slated to receive a kind of "rehab treatment," the Web site further reported. However, Schumacher obviously is not out of danger as the sources played down the thought of a complete recuperation for the 45-year-old retired racer.
Red Bull Formula One driver Sebastian Vettel of Germany takes the ''Michael Schumacher turn'' as he drives his car during day four of Formula One's final pre-season test at Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) in Sakhir south of Manama, March 2, 2014
"Schumacher's laying in a special rehabilitation clinic was being prepared and the chances of full recovery were dropped."
The report about Schumacher's alleged transfer to a rehab clinic was backed by another German media site, Bunte.de as reported by Abenzeitung Muenchen, which was also relying on vague information from undisclosed sources from the hospital.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm, who had previously been tasked to provide updates, has yet to comment or confirm the news.
It has been more than five months since Schumacher's tragic skiing crash in the slopes of Meribel in the French Alps. The seven-time world champion's family and manager last spoke about Schumacher's health condition in the middle of April, stating that the German ace has "moments of consciousness and awakening." Since then, the information on Schumacher's condition has been diminutive.
With the media absence, Schumacher's former colleagues can only continue to pray for his recovery. "I have been following it and hope he makes it," Nico Rosberg was quoted saying.
"We hope for a positive message, that he gets better," Sebastian Vettel said.
"I still think about him every day, I continue to pray for him," said Felipe Massa. "He's a good friend, he helped me a lot in my career."
"We knew him to be so strong, determined, and invincible," Fernando Alonso said during his run in Monaco. "What's happened to him was surreal. He was a hero, even to me, when I was racing karts. One day, I found myself facing him in F1. It was Michael Schumacher, the Michael we still hold in our hearts, and we're waiting for him to awake."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga