Julius Randle’s Foot Worries NBA Executives
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 13, 2014 5:08 PM EST
From the projected cream of the crop to slipping and slipping way below the bottom, analysts now don't know where to position Julius Randle.
Once projected to go as high as the number 1 pick, the concern on the latest foot injury of projected lottery pick Julius Randle have placed all sorts of questions mark on his possible position pick the upcoming draft.
As per report from several NBA executives, the 6-foot-9 Kentucky forward's right foot has not properly healed and will be a cause of concern or any team picking him in the upcoming draft. Sources confirmed an ESPN.ocm report that Randle may again need surgery in June to correct his foot and will likely miss the summer league.
Randle negated the report through Twitter: "I never do this but it was brought to me and it's crazy how people put stories out there and have no clue what they are talking about. No disrespect but check with the actual source next time before you put something like that out there."
It can be recalled that the versatile forward suffered the broken right foot during the second game of his senior season at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Texas. Ascrew was inserted into the foot to stabilize his movement. However, multiple sources are now reporting and questioning if the procedure may be a factor down the road for team's looking into picking him early in a very deep draft
Even Randle's mother weighed in on the issue and took to the media via the Louisville Courier-Journal where she described the report in two words: "a lie."
"Everything with Julius is fine," Kyles said. "There is no surgery scheduled whatsoever. Nothing. They don't have a clue. They haven't spoken to us. They haven't spoken to Julius' doctor. I know for a fact, because he is my son, there is no surgery scheduled, period, now or after."
Randle, who averaged 15 points and 10.4 rebounds during his lone season at Kentucky, is projected to be a top lottery pick. He will work out for the Boston Celtics on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage