Julius Randle’s Foot Worries NBA Executives
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 13, 2014 5:08 PM EST
From the projected cream of the crop to slipping and slipping way below the bottom, analysts now don't know where to position Julius Randle.
Once projected to go as high as the number 1 pick, the concern on the latest foot injury of projected lottery pick Julius Randle have placed all sorts of questions mark on his possible position pick the upcoming draft.
As per report from several NBA executives, the 6-foot-9 Kentucky forward's right foot has not properly healed and will be a cause of concern or any team picking him in the upcoming draft. Sources confirmed an ESPN.ocm report that Randle may again need surgery in June to correct his foot and will likely miss the summer league.
Randle negated the report through Twitter: "I never do this but it was brought to me and it's crazy how people put stories out there and have no clue what they are talking about. No disrespect but check with the actual source next time before you put something like that out there."
It can be recalled that the versatile forward suffered the broken right foot during the second game of his senior season at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Texas. Ascrew was inserted into the foot to stabilize his movement. However, multiple sources are now reporting and questioning if the procedure may be a factor down the road for team's looking into picking him early in a very deep draft
Even Randle's mother weighed in on the issue and took to the media via the Louisville Courier-Journal where she described the report in two words: "a lie."
"Everything with Julius is fine," Kyles said. "There is no surgery scheduled whatsoever. Nothing. They don't have a clue. They haven't spoken to us. They haven't spoken to Julius' doctor. I know for a fact, because he is my son, there is no surgery scheduled, period, now or after."
Randle, who averaged 15 points and 10.4 rebounds during his lone season at Kentucky, is projected to be a top lottery pick. He will work out for the Boston Celtics on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers