Julius Randle’s Foot Worries NBA Executives
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 13, 2014 5:08 PM EST
From the projected cream of the crop to slipping and slipping way below the bottom, analysts now don't know where to position Julius Randle.
Once projected to go as high as the number 1 pick, the concern on the latest foot injury of projected lottery pick Julius Randle have placed all sorts of questions mark on his possible position pick the upcoming draft.
As per report from several NBA executives, the 6-foot-9 Kentucky forward's right foot has not properly healed and will be a cause of concern or any team picking him in the upcoming draft. Sources confirmed an ESPN.ocm report that Randle may again need surgery in June to correct his foot and will likely miss the summer league.
Randle negated the report through Twitter: "I never do this but it was brought to me and it's crazy how people put stories out there and have no clue what they are talking about. No disrespect but check with the actual source next time before you put something like that out there."
It can be recalled that the versatile forward suffered the broken right foot during the second game of his senior season at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Texas. Ascrew was inserted into the foot to stabilize his movement. However, multiple sources are now reporting and questioning if the procedure may be a factor down the road for team's looking into picking him early in a very deep draft
Even Randle's mother weighed in on the issue and took to the media via the Louisville Courier-Journal where she described the report in two words: "a lie."
"Everything with Julius is fine," Kyles said. "There is no surgery scheduled whatsoever. Nothing. They don't have a clue. They haven't spoken to us. They haven't spoken to Julius' doctor. I know for a fact, because he is my son, there is no surgery scheduled, period, now or after."
Randle, who averaged 15 points and 10.4 rebounds during his lone season at Kentucky, is projected to be a top lottery pick. He will work out for the Boston Celtics on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- DeMarcus Cousins, Omar Casspi Lift Undermanned Sacramento Kings Over New Orleans Pelicans, 99-89
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast