FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #14 Ghana vs. U.S.A
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 13, 2014 4:38 PM EST
Ghana 1 U.S.A 2
Ghana's Jordan Ayew (2nd R) celebrates his goal against South Korea with teammates (L-R) Kevin-Prince Boateng, Sulley Muntari and Asamoah Gyan during their international soccer friendly at Sun Life stadium ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Miami, June 9, 2014.
The fourteenth match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Ghana and the United States. The Group G match should be interesting as it is a must-win match for Ghana as not winning this match may perish its dreams of going to the next round. On the other hand, U.S.A will want to make an impression early in the tournament.
Ghana: Ghana has always been a strong competitor. Its best performance was in 2010 when it reached the quarterfinals when it lost to Uruguay in a tie-breaker. It has a strong midfield and enough speed to unsettle any opposition. Ghana defeated South Korea (4-1), but lost to Netherlands (0-1) in pre-World Cup friendlies. The Black Stars can threaten the defence of any team in the world. Kwesi Appiah's men showed their potential against Egypt with a massive win (7-3). Asamoah Gyan, the top scorer of the nation, and midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng are capable of winning it for their team.
U.S.A: The U.S. team has recently lost to minnows like Honduras, Costa Rica and Jamaica. However, the pre-World Cup friendlies turned out well. It won against Nigeria (2-1), Turkey (2-1) and Azerbaijan (2-0). Its strength will lie in playing like a team. There are very few teams on the international level that are as organised as Klinsmann's. Jozy Altidore, supported by Clint Dempsey, must make it a point to impress its critics who often blame the team for lacking a creative spark.
Head to Head
These two teams played only once against each other. Ghana scored 2 goals, conceded one and won it.
Ghana: Asamoah Gyan & Kevin-Prince Boateng
U.S.A: Clint Dempsey & Jozy Altidore
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 7 pm (local time) on June 16, which means it is 8 am on June 17 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio das Dunas in Natal.
Ghana will show its firepower on the field. U.S.A won't be able to do much to defend against the African team. The final score will be 3-0 in favour of Ghana.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Avoiding Fight, Always Making Excuses— Manny Pacquiao
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary