Australian Plus-Size Model Robyn Lawley Denies Losing Weight
By Anne Lu | June 13, 2014 3:49 PM EST
Australian model Robyn Lawley has denied speculations that she’s not a plus-size model anymore. The Sydney native, who turns 25 Friday, defended her slimmer appearance, claiming that she has not lost weight.
On Monday Lawley posted a photo on Instagram, showing off her toned body, presumably after a workout.
“The best kind of exercise? The one when you jump and dance around like there’s no tomorrow to awesome music!!” she captioned her picture.
Robyn’s tummy appears to be slimmer in the photo compared to her previous shots, prompting some people to conclude that she has lost her famous curves.
“You’re not looking plus sized at the moment,” one Instagram commenter wrote.
“Why did you do that to you? You looked like so good before that we loved you,” another added.
“In the fashion world sadly this is plus size and now even a 6 is considered a plus size,” another commenter wrote.
Although many fans thought that Robyn’s new body looks healthy, there are some who are fuming over the change. Apparently, their gripe is that Robyn is a plus-size model, and yet she looks every bit like a size zero supermodel.
But Robyn denied that she has lost weight, claiming that she has no desire to do so.
“I have however taken up kick boxing and hot yoga, the yoga was a part of my New Years resolution and I’m damn proud I have been going as much as I can. With all the flying and everything in this world made for ppl 5ft5, I have a lot of troubles with my back and core. Building my core is to help protect my back when I’m older,” she wrote on her Facebook page.
“Kick boxing is so much fun and I feel stronger and fitter and have gained muscle. I’m really proud of taking good care of myself. I’m also aware of my job description. I never labelled myself plus size, it was a label given to me because I’m an Australian 16 and for some reason in the fashion world that’s considered plus.”
She added, “I feel normal, I always have, aside from being tall. I have no interest in losing weight because I have an entire wardrobe that fits me perfectly but more importantly this is my natural size. I cannot change bone structure. I don’t ever starve myself or diet etc. I try to eat as healthy as I can day to day and always have.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar