Australian Plus-Size Model Robyn Lawley Denies Losing Weight
By Anne Lu | June 13, 2014 3:49 PM EST
Australian model Robyn Lawley has denied speculations that she’s not a plus-size model anymore. The Sydney native, who turns 25 Friday, defended her slimmer appearance, claiming that she has not lost weight.
On Monday Lawley posted a photo on Instagram, showing off her toned body, presumably after a workout.
“The best kind of exercise? The one when you jump and dance around like there’s no tomorrow to awesome music!!” she captioned her picture.
Robyn’s tummy appears to be slimmer in the photo compared to her previous shots, prompting some people to conclude that she has lost her famous curves.
“You’re not looking plus sized at the moment,” one Instagram commenter wrote.
“Why did you do that to you? You looked like so good before that we loved you,” another added.
“In the fashion world sadly this is plus size and now even a 6 is considered a plus size,” another commenter wrote.
Although many fans thought that Robyn’s new body looks healthy, there are some who are fuming over the change. Apparently, their gripe is that Robyn is a plus-size model, and yet she looks every bit like a size zero supermodel.
But Robyn denied that she has lost weight, claiming that she has no desire to do so.
“I have however taken up kick boxing and hot yoga, the yoga was a part of my New Years resolution and I’m damn proud I have been going as much as I can. With all the flying and everything in this world made for ppl 5ft5, I have a lot of troubles with my back and core. Building my core is to help protect my back when I’m older,” she wrote on her Facebook page.
“Kick boxing is so much fun and I feel stronger and fitter and have gained muscle. I’m really proud of taking good care of myself. I’m also aware of my job description. I never labelled myself plus size, it was a label given to me because I’m an Australian 16 and for some reason in the fashion world that’s considered plus.”
She added, “I feel normal, I always have, aside from being tall. I have no interest in losing weight because I have an entire wardrobe that fits me perfectly but more importantly this is my natural size. I cannot change bone structure. I don’t ever starve myself or diet etc. I try to eat as healthy as I can day to day and always have.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown