'The Originals' Season 2 Speculations: Leadership, Time Jump and another Crossover with 'The Vampire Diaries'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 13, 2014 3:32 PM EST
The shocking events that happened in "The Originals" Season 1 finale will be setting up the storyline of the spinoff series' second season. Mikael (Sebastian Roché) and Esther's (Alice Evans) return appears to be the major plot in the upcoming "The Originals" Season 2 but there are other storylines that could be included in the new season.
The WetPaint report speculates on a couple of storylines that could happen in the show's second season from leadership to time jump and another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries." In "The Originals" Season 1, Episode 21 titled "The Battle of New Orleans," the human faction lost their leader Francesca Correa (Peta Sergeant) when she deceived the Mikaelsons and triggered her Guerrera werewolf gene.
With Cami (Leah Pipes) as the only human among "The Originals" characters, the bartender with a psychology major could embrace the responsibility of being a leader to the human faction. As for Francesca, the werewolf that took out most of the vampires in the French Quarter is expected to stay around longer to bring more trouble to the Mikaelson family whose list of enemies continue to grow longer.
Executive producer Julie Plec has teased that werewolf invasion is set to happen in "The Originals" Season 2 with Francesca Correa in charge of the pack's revenge against the vampires. The second season of the TV series will also introduce the new enemies of the Mikaelsons and they are Sonja Sohn as the witch Lenore and "Teen Wolf" actor Daniel Sharman as Kaleb.
The other "The Originals" Season 2 speculations include another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries" and a time jump. TVD character Tyler (Michael Trevino) showed up in New Orleans to go after Klaus (Joseph Morgan) while the Original hybrid and his sister, Rebekah (Claire Holt) went back to Mystic Falls in the 100th episode of "The Vampire Diaries." It would be interesting to see another TVD character or characters appearing in the second season of the spinoff series.
When it comes to the time jump, WetPaint's speculation report claims "The Originals" could also do a time jump like "The Vampire Diaries" will do between Season 5 and Season 6. However, the site noted that tying the concept to the spinoff series may not be a good idea and suggested that a crossover sounds better.
"The Originals" will be returning to the CW Network with the brand new Season 2 in October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: 'The Wire' Actress Sonja Sohn Cast as Klaus' Witch Enemy Lenore, Nathaniel Buzolic to Appear as Kol Mikaelson - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1