'The Originals' Season 2 Speculations: Leadership, Time Jump and another Crossover with 'The Vampire Diaries'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 13, 2014 3:32 PM EST
The shocking events that happened in "The Originals" Season 1 finale will be setting up the storyline of the spinoff series' second season. Mikael (Sebastian Roché) and Esther's (Alice Evans) return appears to be the major plot in the upcoming "The Originals" Season 2 but there are other storylines that could be included in the new season.
The WetPaint report speculates on a couple of storylines that could happen in the show's second season from leadership to time jump and another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries." In "The Originals" Season 1, Episode 21 titled "The Battle of New Orleans," the human faction lost their leader Francesca Correa (Peta Sergeant) when she deceived the Mikaelsons and triggered her Guerrera werewolf gene.
With Cami (Leah Pipes) as the only human among "The Originals" characters, the bartender with a psychology major could embrace the responsibility of being a leader to the human faction. As for Francesca, the werewolf that took out most of the vampires in the French Quarter is expected to stay around longer to bring more trouble to the Mikaelson family whose list of enemies continue to grow longer.
Executive producer Julie Plec has teased that werewolf invasion is set to happen in "The Originals" Season 2 with Francesca Correa in charge of the pack's revenge against the vampires. The second season of the TV series will also introduce the new enemies of the Mikaelsons and they are Sonja Sohn as the witch Lenore and "Teen Wolf" actor Daniel Sharman as Kaleb.
The other "The Originals" Season 2 speculations include another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries" and a time jump. TVD character Tyler (Michael Trevino) showed up in New Orleans to go after Klaus (Joseph Morgan) while the Original hybrid and his sister, Rebekah (Claire Holt) went back to Mystic Falls in the 100th episode of "The Vampire Diaries." It would be interesting to see another TVD character or characters appearing in the second season of the spinoff series.
When it comes to the time jump, WetPaint's speculation report claims "The Originals" could also do a time jump like "The Vampire Diaries" will do between Season 5 and Season 6. However, the site noted that tying the concept to the spinoff series may not be a good idea and suggested that a crossover sounds better.
"The Originals" will be returning to the CW Network with the brand new Season 2 in October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: 'The Wire' Actress Sonja Sohn Cast as Klaus' Witch Enemy Lenore, Nathaniel Buzolic to Appear as Kol Mikaelson - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market