'The Originals' Season 2 Speculations: Leadership, Time Jump and another Crossover with 'The Vampire Diaries'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 13, 2014 3:32 PM EST
The shocking events that happened in "The Originals" Season 1 finale will be setting up the storyline of the spinoff series' second season. Mikael (Sebastian Roché) and Esther's (Alice Evans) return appears to be the major plot in the upcoming "The Originals" Season 2 but there are other storylines that could be included in the new season.
The WetPaint report speculates on a couple of storylines that could happen in the show's second season from leadership to time jump and another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries." In "The Originals" Season 1, Episode 21 titled "The Battle of New Orleans," the human faction lost their leader Francesca Correa (Peta Sergeant) when she deceived the Mikaelsons and triggered her Guerrera werewolf gene.
With Cami (Leah Pipes) as the only human among "The Originals" characters, the bartender with a psychology major could embrace the responsibility of being a leader to the human faction. As for Francesca, the werewolf that took out most of the vampires in the French Quarter is expected to stay around longer to bring more trouble to the Mikaelson family whose list of enemies continue to grow longer.
Executive producer Julie Plec has teased that werewolf invasion is set to happen in "The Originals" Season 2 with Francesca Correa in charge of the pack's revenge against the vampires. The second season of the TV series will also introduce the new enemies of the Mikaelsons and they are Sonja Sohn as the witch Lenore and "Teen Wolf" actor Daniel Sharman as Kaleb.
The other "The Originals" Season 2 speculations include another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries" and a time jump. TVD character Tyler (Michael Trevino) showed up in New Orleans to go after Klaus (Joseph Morgan) while the Original hybrid and his sister, Rebekah (Claire Holt) went back to Mystic Falls in the 100th episode of "The Vampire Diaries." It would be interesting to see another TVD character or characters appearing in the second season of the spinoff series.
When it comes to the time jump, WetPaint's speculation report claims "The Originals" could also do a time jump like "The Vampire Diaries" will do between Season 5 and Season 6. However, the site noted that tying the concept to the spinoff series may not be a good idea and suggested that a crossover sounds better.
"The Originals" will be returning to the CW Network with the brand new Season 2 in October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: 'The Wire' Actress Sonja Sohn Cast as Klaus' Witch Enemy Lenore, Nathaniel Buzolic to Appear as Kol Mikaelson - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation