'The Originals' Season 2 Speculations: Leadership, Time Jump and another Crossover with 'The Vampire Diaries'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 13, 2014 3:32 PM EST
The shocking events that happened in "The Originals" Season 1 finale will be setting up the storyline of the spinoff series' second season. Mikael (Sebastian Roché) and Esther's (Alice Evans) return appears to be the major plot in the upcoming "The Originals" Season 2 but there are other storylines that could be included in the new season.
The WetPaint report speculates on a couple of storylines that could happen in the show's second season from leadership to time jump and another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries." In "The Originals" Season 1, Episode 21 titled "The Battle of New Orleans," the human faction lost their leader Francesca Correa (Peta Sergeant) when she deceived the Mikaelsons and triggered her Guerrera werewolf gene.
With Cami (Leah Pipes) as the only human among "The Originals" characters, the bartender with a psychology major could embrace the responsibility of being a leader to the human faction. As for Francesca, the werewolf that took out most of the vampires in the French Quarter is expected to stay around longer to bring more trouble to the Mikaelson family whose list of enemies continue to grow longer.
Executive producer Julie Plec has teased that werewolf invasion is set to happen in "The Originals" Season 2 with Francesca Correa in charge of the pack's revenge against the vampires. The second season of the TV series will also introduce the new enemies of the Mikaelsons and they are Sonja Sohn as the witch Lenore and "Teen Wolf" actor Daniel Sharman as Kaleb.
The other "The Originals" Season 2 speculations include another crossover with "The Vampire Diaries" and a time jump. TVD character Tyler (Michael Trevino) showed up in New Orleans to go after Klaus (Joseph Morgan) while the Original hybrid and his sister, Rebekah (Claire Holt) went back to Mystic Falls in the 100th episode of "The Vampire Diaries." It would be interesting to see another TVD character or characters appearing in the second season of the spinoff series.
When it comes to the time jump, WetPaint's speculation report claims "The Originals" could also do a time jump like "The Vampire Diaries" will do between Season 5 and Season 6. However, the site noted that tying the concept to the spinoff series may not be a good idea and suggested that a crossover sounds better.
"The Originals" will be returning to the CW Network with the brand new Season 2 in October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: 'The Wire' Actress Sonja Sohn Cast as Klaus' Witch Enemy Lenore, Nathaniel Buzolic to Appear as Kol Mikaelson - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Talks about Rebekah, Mikael and Esther's Return - [READ]
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Aussie Actress Phoebe Tonkin Teases Klaus-Hayley Moment, Promo Poster Reveals Elijah Becomes Desperate in Saving Hayley - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' Season 4 Spoilers: 'Litt Up' Consequences in Summer Finale; Cliffhanger Awaits, Says Series Creator [Watch Suits 4x10 Promo Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch