‘Chasing Life’ Episode 1 Recap and Review [Premiere Spoilers]
By Sachin Trivedi | June 13, 2014 3:23 PM EST
A heartwarming tale of a 24 year old reporter diagnosed with cancer. The plot of "Chasing Life" is not just about a person's struggle through cancer but a more complicated story about juggling the issues of personal life coupled with the office pressures. Spoilers ahead.
The protagonist of "Chasing Life" is April, a young and budding journalist working for a hard task master. After the loss of her father things seem to finally be getting better, her mother wants to start dating again and joins a dating Web site and her grandmother is seen taking a jog.
April goes out on a date with a co-worker who she had a crush on and they both share their first kiss. Within minutes of her date however April finds out that she has cancer from her uncle George.
"Chasing Life" Episode 1 begins with a focus on April's job as a reporter; she has to get an interview from a celebrity baseball player. April runs down to the hospital where the baseball star has promised to speak to the donors in a blood donation drive.
April decides to donate blood and gets the help for her uncle, who is a doctor in the same hospital, to help her get past security and the long line of donors. The baseball player finds out that she is a reporter and was about to have her leave, when all of a sudden she faints.
April gets the interview and gets noticed by her boss at the work place. Her uncle, George, at the hospital decides to run a few tests and finds out that she has cancer. The news comes as a shock to the 24 year old cheerful April.
"Chasing Life" takes the viewers on an emotional rollercoaster ride with love and fireworks one second and misunderstandings and heartache the next. April chooses not to disclose her illness to any of her friends or family.
April's younger sister is also in need of some guidance when it comes to dating and guys. Her sister calls her after getting drunk at a party where her date leaves her with a friend. April has to be supportive of her mother and be strong for her sister at the same time take up her job with enthusiasm. April is "Chasing Life."
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale Spoilers - Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-Top 5 Unseen Planets that Need to be Explored in the Movie [Read]
Box Office Report: 'The Fault in Our Stars' on Top 'Edge of Tomorrow' Trails Behind 'Maleficent' [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo To Have A Makeout Scene, Speculations Suggest Enzo and Caroline Get Cozy In New Season
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide