MMA News: Mark Muñoz Signs 4-Fight Deal with UFC
By James Patrick Quizon | June 13, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Mark Muñoz has signed a new four-fight contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) despite losing his last match and the last two fights in his career.
The 36-year-old Filipino middleweight made the announcement via his Twitter and Instagram accounts:
— Mark Muñoz (@mark_munoz) June 12, 2014
The terms of the deal were not disclosed by Munoz, who holds a UFC record of 13 wins (6 KO) against 5 losses.
Muñoz is coming of a submission loss to Gegard Mousasi at the UFC Fight Night in Berlin, Germany on May 31, 2014.
He also lost two of his last three fights—against Lyoto Machida on October 26, 2013 via first round KO (Head kick) and Chris Weidman on July 11, 2012 via KO (Elbow and Punches) in the second round. His lone win came against Tim Boetsch in the undercard of UFC 162 in a three-round unanimous decision victory.
“That was a tough loss. I will pick up the pieces and keep going,” said Muñoz after the loss to Mousasi.
With a new deal in place, he’ll get the chance to bounce back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage