MMA News: Mark Muñoz Signs 4-Fight Deal with UFC
By James Patrick Quizon | June 13, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Mark Muñoz has signed a new four-fight contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) despite losing his last match and the last two fights in his career.
The 36-year-old Filipino middleweight made the announcement via his Twitter and Instagram accounts:
— Mark Muñoz (@mark_munoz) June 12, 2014
The terms of the deal were not disclosed by Munoz, who holds a UFC record of 13 wins (6 KO) against 5 losses.
Muñoz is coming of a submission loss to Gegard Mousasi at the UFC Fight Night in Berlin, Germany on May 31, 2014.
He also lost two of his last three fights—against Lyoto Machida on October 26, 2013 via first round KO (Head kick) and Chris Weidman on July 11, 2012 via KO (Elbow and Punches) in the second round. His lone win came against Tim Boetsch in the undercard of UFC 162 in a three-round unanimous decision victory.
“That was a tough loss. I will pick up the pieces and keep going,” said Muñoz after the loss to Mousasi.
With a new deal in place, he’ll get the chance to bounce back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June