MMA News: Mark Muñoz Signs 4-Fight Deal with UFC
By James Patrick Quizon | June 13, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Mark Muñoz has signed a new four-fight contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) despite losing his last match and the last two fights in his career.
The 36-year-old Filipino middleweight made the announcement via his Twitter and Instagram accounts:
— Mark Muñoz (@mark_munoz) June 12, 2014
The terms of the deal were not disclosed by Munoz, who holds a UFC record of 13 wins (6 KO) against 5 losses.
Muñoz is coming of a submission loss to Gegard Mousasi at the UFC Fight Night in Berlin, Germany on May 31, 2014.
He also lost two of his last three fights—against Lyoto Machida on October 26, 2013 via first round KO (Head kick) and Chris Weidman on July 11, 2012 via KO (Elbow and Punches) in the second round. His lone win came against Tim Boetsch in the undercard of UFC 162 in a three-round unanimous decision victory.
“That was a tough loss. I will pick up the pieces and keep going,” said Muñoz after the loss to Mousasi.
With a new deal in place, he’ll get the chance to bounce back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate