MMA News: Mark Muñoz Signs 4-Fight Deal with UFC
By James Patrick Quizon | June 13, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Mark Muñoz has signed a new four-fight contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) despite losing his last match and the last two fights in his career.
The 36-year-old Filipino middleweight made the announcement via his Twitter and Instagram accounts:
— Mark Muñoz (@mark_munoz) June 12, 2014
The terms of the deal were not disclosed by Munoz, who holds a UFC record of 13 wins (6 KO) against 5 losses.
Muñoz is coming of a submission loss to Gegard Mousasi at the UFC Fight Night in Berlin, Germany on May 31, 2014.
He also lost two of his last three fights—against Lyoto Machida on October 26, 2013 via first round KO (Head kick) and Chris Weidman on July 11, 2012 via KO (Elbow and Punches) in the second round. His lone win came against Tim Boetsch in the undercard of UFC 162 in a three-round unanimous decision victory.
“That was a tough loss. I will pick up the pieces and keep going,” said Muñoz after the loss to Mousasi.
With a new deal in place, he’ll get the chance to bounce back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4