Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Set Aside Busy Career for a Romantic Stroll in Southwest London; Tennis Couple ‘Focused’ on Upcoming Wimbledon Tournament
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 3:08 PM EST
Tennis couple Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov sure make time for each other whenever they can as the duo was recently spotted out and about in Southwest London.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
According to the Daily Mail, Sharapova and Dimitrov were seen in a "romantic stroll" holding hands as they wandered through Wimbledon. The couple reportedly spent the afternoon doing show window shopping. The British webloid reported that Sharapova, apparently, had been in London for several days now because she was supporting Dimitrov in his participation in the Queen's Club Aegon Championship.
In addition to showing her support for Dimitrov, Sharapova is also in town because she is due to open her personal Sugarpova candy lounge store in Wimbledon.
Both Sharapova and Dimitrov are expected to take part in the upcoming Grand Slam tournament Wimbledon, which starts on June 23.
Sharapova is focused on getting back to the top of the world rankings that she once ruled. After winning the French Open title for the second time, she has her eyes fixated on Wimbledon tournament, The Independent reported. Sharapova has every intention to strive harder and win more Grand Slams.
"If you think you're perfect then life gets boring and you think very boring thoughts about yourself," Sharapova uttered.
"I always want to improve and be better."
"Yes, I just won the French Open but tomorrow, or even today, everyone is working on the grass."
"I'll be there next week and I'll be working just as hard to try to win another Wimbledon."
Dimitrov, on the other hand, said in another Daily Mail news report that he is ready to win in Wimbledon. "I'd say my goal is to become a member at Wimbledon the easiest way possible," said Dimitrov. "That is to win seven matches," Dimitrov added.
The Bulgarian athlete is quite optimistic that he will win the tournament, but he knows that he needs to take things slow and one step at a time. "I do believe that's possible, but I think I have to take everything step-by-step."
"All I have is just positive vibes every time I'm out here, and I think England in general I feel quite comfortable."
"I think I have to take one day at a time."
Wimbledon starts on June 23 and ends on July 6. The seeds will be announced on June 18 on the tournament's official Web site.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales