Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Set Aside Busy Career for a Romantic Stroll in Southwest London; Tennis Couple ‘Focused’ on Upcoming Wimbledon Tournament
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 3:08 PM EST
Tennis couple Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov sure make time for each other whenever they can as the duo was recently spotted out and about in Southwest London.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
According to the Daily Mail, Sharapova and Dimitrov were seen in a "romantic stroll" holding hands as they wandered through Wimbledon. The couple reportedly spent the afternoon doing show window shopping. The British webloid reported that Sharapova, apparently, had been in London for several days now because she was supporting Dimitrov in his participation in the Queen's Club Aegon Championship.
In addition to showing her support for Dimitrov, Sharapova is also in town because she is due to open her personal Sugarpova candy lounge store in Wimbledon.
Both Sharapova and Dimitrov are expected to take part in the upcoming Grand Slam tournament Wimbledon, which starts on June 23.
Sharapova is focused on getting back to the top of the world rankings that she once ruled. After winning the French Open title for the second time, she has her eyes fixated on Wimbledon tournament, The Independent reported. Sharapova has every intention to strive harder and win more Grand Slams.
"If you think you're perfect then life gets boring and you think very boring thoughts about yourself," Sharapova uttered.
"I always want to improve and be better."
"Yes, I just won the French Open but tomorrow, or even today, everyone is working on the grass."
"I'll be there next week and I'll be working just as hard to try to win another Wimbledon."
Dimitrov, on the other hand, said in another Daily Mail news report that he is ready to win in Wimbledon. "I'd say my goal is to become a member at Wimbledon the easiest way possible," said Dimitrov. "That is to win seven matches," Dimitrov added.
The Bulgarian athlete is quite optimistic that he will win the tournament, but he knows that he needs to take things slow and one step at a time. "I do believe that's possible, but I think I have to take everything step-by-step."
"All I have is just positive vibes every time I'm out here, and I think England in general I feel quite comfortable."
"I think I have to take one day at a time."
Wimbledon starts on June 23 and ends on July 6. The seeds will be announced on June 18 on the tournament's official Web site.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How