Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Set Aside Busy Career for a Romantic Stroll in Southwest London; Tennis Couple ‘Focused’ on Upcoming Wimbledon Tournament
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 3:08 PM EST
Tennis couple Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov sure make time for each other whenever they can as the duo was recently spotted out and about in Southwest London.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
According to the Daily Mail, Sharapova and Dimitrov were seen in a "romantic stroll" holding hands as they wandered through Wimbledon. The couple reportedly spent the afternoon doing show window shopping. The British webloid reported that Sharapova, apparently, had been in London for several days now because she was supporting Dimitrov in his participation in the Queen's Club Aegon Championship.
In addition to showing her support for Dimitrov, Sharapova is also in town because she is due to open her personal Sugarpova candy lounge store in Wimbledon.
Both Sharapova and Dimitrov are expected to take part in the upcoming Grand Slam tournament Wimbledon, which starts on June 23.
Sharapova is focused on getting back to the top of the world rankings that she once ruled. After winning the French Open title for the second time, she has her eyes fixated on Wimbledon tournament, The Independent reported. Sharapova has every intention to strive harder and win more Grand Slams.
"If you think you're perfect then life gets boring and you think very boring thoughts about yourself," Sharapova uttered.
"I always want to improve and be better."
"Yes, I just won the French Open but tomorrow, or even today, everyone is working on the grass."
"I'll be there next week and I'll be working just as hard to try to win another Wimbledon."
Dimitrov, on the other hand, said in another Daily Mail news report that he is ready to win in Wimbledon. "I'd say my goal is to become a member at Wimbledon the easiest way possible," said Dimitrov. "That is to win seven matches," Dimitrov added.
The Bulgarian athlete is quite optimistic that he will win the tournament, but he knows that he needs to take things slow and one step at a time. "I do believe that's possible, but I think I have to take everything step-by-step."
"All I have is just positive vibes every time I'm out here, and I think England in general I feel quite comfortable."
"I think I have to take one day at a time."
Wimbledon starts on June 23 and ends on July 6. The seeds will be announced on June 18 on the tournament's official Web site.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers