Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov Set Aside Busy Career for a Romantic Stroll in Southwest London; Tennis Couple ‘Focused’ on Upcoming Wimbledon Tournament
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 3:08 PM EST
Tennis couple Maria Sharapova and Grigor Dimitrov sure make time for each other whenever they can as the duo was recently spotted out and about in Southwest London.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
According to the Daily Mail, Sharapova and Dimitrov were seen in a "romantic stroll" holding hands as they wandered through Wimbledon. The couple reportedly spent the afternoon doing show window shopping. The British webloid reported that Sharapova, apparently, had been in London for several days now because she was supporting Dimitrov in his participation in the Queen's Club Aegon Championship.
In addition to showing her support for Dimitrov, Sharapova is also in town because she is due to open her personal Sugarpova candy lounge store in Wimbledon.
Both Sharapova and Dimitrov are expected to take part in the upcoming Grand Slam tournament Wimbledon, which starts on June 23.
Sharapova is focused on getting back to the top of the world rankings that she once ruled. After winning the French Open title for the second time, she has her eyes fixated on Wimbledon tournament, The Independent reported. Sharapova has every intention to strive harder and win more Grand Slams.
"If you think you're perfect then life gets boring and you think very boring thoughts about yourself," Sharapova uttered.
"I always want to improve and be better."
"Yes, I just won the French Open but tomorrow, or even today, everyone is working on the grass."
"I'll be there next week and I'll be working just as hard to try to win another Wimbledon."
Dimitrov, on the other hand, said in another Daily Mail news report that he is ready to win in Wimbledon. "I'd say my goal is to become a member at Wimbledon the easiest way possible," said Dimitrov. "That is to win seven matches," Dimitrov added.
The Bulgarian athlete is quite optimistic that he will win the tournament, but he knows that he needs to take things slow and one step at a time. "I do believe that's possible, but I think I have to take everything step-by-step."
"All I have is just positive vibes every time I'm out here, and I think England in general I feel quite comfortable."
"I think I have to take one day at a time."
Wimbledon starts on June 23 and ends on July 6. The seeds will be announced on June 18 on the tournament's official Web site.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop