2014 FIFA World Cup: Sound Quality During J. Lo and Pitbull’s Performance in the Opening Ceremony Annoys Viewers at Home
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 3:07 PM EST
World Cup fans and viewers at home reportedly weren't so pleased with Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull's performance in the opening ceremony, not because of the duo's singing talents, but due to the abysmal sound quality heard on their television sets at home.
According to The Telegraph, Jennifer and Pitbull's voices sounded "faint and tinny" for viewers who watched the opening ceremony of the world's biggest football tournament at home. A commercial television network in UK, Independent Television (ITV), which aired the ceremony in Britain reportedly had "no controls" over the audio signals because there was only a single broadcast transmission strewn for each time zone all throughout the globe.
"The sound problem that regrettably caused some disruption to viewers was caused by a technical issue with the host broadcaster, which provides the coverage of all the action at this year's World Cup," an ITV spokesperson stated.
Thus, only the people who watched the opening ceremony live in Sao Paolo were able to enjoy Jennifer and Pitbull along with Brazilian pop artist Claudia Leitte's performance in the opening ceremony.
Complains about the sound quality in the opening ceremony also flooded the social media.
World Cup Opening Ceremony's sound quality was crap like I had no idea what J-Lo was singing— ✌Emily✌️ (@Infuschiaa) June 12, 2014
Is it me? The ITV coverage of World Cup isn't good. The sound on opening ceremony is bad! I'm behind as I recorded it. does it get better?— colette maguire (@colettemaguire) June 12, 2014
World Cup opening ceremony sound quality awful. Bet they're glad they spent all that money on J Lo.— Elaine O'Shaughnessy (@Munchkin710) June 12, 2014
Big up for the sound engineers of the world cup opening ceremony lol— Jordan Ferrer (@JordanFerrer) June 12, 2014
Just watched that World Cup opening ceremony thingy. I've heard better sound on long wave, in a tunnel..— Fred Boycott (@FredBoycott) June 12, 2014
Reenact the sound quality of the World Cup official song at the opening ceremony by standing at your local bus station for five minutes.— The Sunday People (@thesundaypeople) June 12, 2014
Watch the televised opening ceremony here (courtesy of Varios Videos).
The opening ceremony was followed by the first match between Brazil and Croatia, which the host country eventually won. Brazil's own Marcelo scored a goal for the Croatians barely 15 minutes after the game kicked off, Neymar scored two goals, and Oscar capped the game off with the third goal in the last few minutes.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border