2014 FIFA World Cup: Sound Quality During J. Lo and Pitbull’s Performance in the Opening Ceremony Annoys Viewers at Home
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 3:07 PM EST
World Cup fans and viewers at home reportedly weren't so pleased with Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull's performance in the opening ceremony, not because of the duo's singing talents, but due to the abysmal sound quality heard on their television sets at home.
According to The Telegraph, Jennifer and Pitbull's voices sounded "faint and tinny" for viewers who watched the opening ceremony of the world's biggest football tournament at home. A commercial television network in UK, Independent Television (ITV), which aired the ceremony in Britain reportedly had "no controls" over the audio signals because there was only a single broadcast transmission strewn for each time zone all throughout the globe.
"The sound problem that regrettably caused some disruption to viewers was caused by a technical issue with the host broadcaster, which provides the coverage of all the action at this year's World Cup," an ITV spokesperson stated.
Thus, only the people who watched the opening ceremony live in Sao Paolo were able to enjoy Jennifer and Pitbull along with Brazilian pop artist Claudia Leitte's performance in the opening ceremony.
Complains about the sound quality in the opening ceremony also flooded the social media.
World Cup Opening Ceremony's sound quality was crap like I had no idea what J-Lo was singing— ✌Emily✌️ (@Infuschiaa) June 12, 2014
Is it me? The ITV coverage of World Cup isn't good. The sound on opening ceremony is bad! I'm behind as I recorded it. does it get better?— colette maguire (@colettemaguire) June 12, 2014
World Cup opening ceremony sound quality awful. Bet they're glad they spent all that money on J Lo.— Elaine O'Shaughnessy (@Munchkin710) June 12, 2014
Big up for the sound engineers of the world cup opening ceremony lol— Jordan Ferrer (@JordanFerrer) June 12, 2014
Just watched that World Cup opening ceremony thingy. I've heard better sound on long wave, in a tunnel..— Fred Boycott (@FredBoycott) June 12, 2014
Reenact the sound quality of the World Cup official song at the opening ceremony by standing at your local bus station for five minutes.— The Sunday People (@thesundaypeople) June 12, 2014
Watch the televised opening ceremony here (courtesy of Varios Videos).
The opening ceremony was followed by the first match between Brazil and Croatia, which the host country eventually won. Brazil's own Marcelo scored a goal for the Croatians barely 15 minutes after the game kicked off, Neymar scored two goals, and Oscar capped the game off with the third goal in the last few minutes.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones