2014 FIFA World Cup: Sound Quality During J. Lo and Pitbull’s Performance in the Opening Ceremony Annoys Viewers at Home
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 13, 2014 3:07 PM EST
World Cup fans and viewers at home reportedly weren't so pleased with Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull's performance in the opening ceremony, not because of the duo's singing talents, but due to the abysmal sound quality heard on their television sets at home.
According to The Telegraph, Jennifer and Pitbull's voices sounded "faint and tinny" for viewers who watched the opening ceremony of the world's biggest football tournament at home. A commercial television network in UK, Independent Television (ITV), which aired the ceremony in Britain reportedly had "no controls" over the audio signals because there was only a single broadcast transmission strewn for each time zone all throughout the globe.
"The sound problem that regrettably caused some disruption to viewers was caused by a technical issue with the host broadcaster, which provides the coverage of all the action at this year's World Cup," an ITV spokesperson stated.
Thus, only the people who watched the opening ceremony live in Sao Paolo were able to enjoy Jennifer and Pitbull along with Brazilian pop artist Claudia Leitte's performance in the opening ceremony.
Complains about the sound quality in the opening ceremony also flooded the social media.
World Cup Opening Ceremony's sound quality was crap like I had no idea what J-Lo was singing— ✌Emily✌️ (@Infuschiaa) June 12, 2014
Is it me? The ITV coverage of World Cup isn't good. The sound on opening ceremony is bad! I'm behind as I recorded it. does it get better?— colette maguire (@colettemaguire) June 12, 2014
World Cup opening ceremony sound quality awful. Bet they're glad they spent all that money on J Lo.— Elaine O'Shaughnessy (@Munchkin710) June 12, 2014
Big up for the sound engineers of the world cup opening ceremony lol— Jordan Ferrer (@JordanFerrer) June 12, 2014
Just watched that World Cup opening ceremony thingy. I've heard better sound on long wave, in a tunnel..— Fred Boycott (@FredBoycott) June 12, 2014
Reenact the sound quality of the World Cup official song at the opening ceremony by standing at your local bus station for five minutes.— The Sunday People (@thesundaypeople) June 12, 2014
Watch the televised opening ceremony here (courtesy of Varios Videos).
The opening ceremony was followed by the first match between Brazil and Croatia, which the host country eventually won. Brazil's own Marcelo scored a goal for the Croatians barely 15 minutes after the game kicked off, Neymar scored two goals, and Oscar capped the game off with the third goal in the last few minutes.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports