2014 NBA Finals Recap: Spurs Embarrass Heat Again, Take 3-1 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | June 13, 2014 2:31 PM EST
For the second straight game-- on the road too-- the San Antonio Spurs run circles around the Miami Heat's defense. Kawhi Leonard once again top-scored for his team leading them to another convincing 107-to-86 victory over the back-to-back defending champions. The Spurs now have a commanding 3-to-1 series advantage in the best-of-seven 2014 NBA Finals.
The 22-year-old stud dropped 20 points two days after notching a career-high 29 points in Game 3. For good measure, he also added 14 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocked shots.
Heat superstar LeBron James was the lone bright spot for the Heat finishing with 28 points (10/17 FG) with 8 rebounds and 2 assists.
Miami struggled to stop the Spurs' efficient offense from the get go once again. San Antonio led 26-to-17 after the first canto then 55-to-36 at the half time break. Like in Game 3, the Heat never seriously threatened a comeback and the Spurs never looked back.
Team effort busted the star-studded Heat for the second straight game. Tim Duncan had 10 points and 11 rebounds, Tony Parker had 19 markers and even Boris Diaw played like a star with 8 points and 9 assists. Patty Mills (14 points) and Manu Ginobili (7 points) contributed off the bench as well.
The rattled Heat never got anything going outside LeBron. Dwyane Wade missed 10-of-13 shots for 10 points and Chris Bosh failed to leave a mark with his dozen points. Veterans Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers and Rashard Lewis were also largely ineffective in the blowout loss.
The Heat will try to extend the series on Sunday (Monday morning Australia) with the series shifting back to San Antonio.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the 2014 NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28