2014 NBA Finals Recap: Spurs Embarrass Heat Again, Take 3-1 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | June 13, 2014 2:31 PM EST
For the second straight game-- on the road too-- the San Antonio Spurs run circles around the Miami Heat's defense. Kawhi Leonard once again top-scored for his team leading them to another convincing 107-to-86 victory over the back-to-back defending champions. The Spurs now have a commanding 3-to-1 series advantage in the best-of-seven 2014 NBA Finals.
The 22-year-old stud dropped 20 points two days after notching a career-high 29 points in Game 3. For good measure, he also added 14 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocked shots.
Heat superstar LeBron James was the lone bright spot for the Heat finishing with 28 points (10/17 FG) with 8 rebounds and 2 assists.
Miami struggled to stop the Spurs' efficient offense from the get go once again. San Antonio led 26-to-17 after the first canto then 55-to-36 at the half time break. Like in Game 3, the Heat never seriously threatened a comeback and the Spurs never looked back.
Team effort busted the star-studded Heat for the second straight game. Tim Duncan had 10 points and 11 rebounds, Tony Parker had 19 markers and even Boris Diaw played like a star with 8 points and 9 assists. Patty Mills (14 points) and Manu Ginobili (7 points) contributed off the bench as well.
The rattled Heat never got anything going outside LeBron. Dwyane Wade missed 10-of-13 shots for 10 points and Chris Bosh failed to leave a mark with his dozen points. Veterans Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers and Rashard Lewis were also largely ineffective in the blowout loss.
The Heat will try to extend the series on Sunday (Monday morning Australia) with the series shifting back to San Antonio.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the 2014 NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar