2014 NBA Finals Recap: Spurs Embarrass Heat Again, Take 3-1 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | June 13, 2014 2:31 PM EST
For the second straight game-- on the road too-- the San Antonio Spurs run circles around the Miami Heat's defense. Kawhi Leonard once again top-scored for his team leading them to another convincing 107-to-86 victory over the back-to-back defending champions. The Spurs now have a commanding 3-to-1 series advantage in the best-of-seven 2014 NBA Finals.
The 22-year-old stud dropped 20 points two days after notching a career-high 29 points in Game 3. For good measure, he also added 14 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocked shots.
Heat superstar LeBron James was the lone bright spot for the Heat finishing with 28 points (10/17 FG) with 8 rebounds and 2 assists.
Miami struggled to stop the Spurs' efficient offense from the get go once again. San Antonio led 26-to-17 after the first canto then 55-to-36 at the half time break. Like in Game 3, the Heat never seriously threatened a comeback and the Spurs never looked back.
Team effort busted the star-studded Heat for the second straight game. Tim Duncan had 10 points and 11 rebounds, Tony Parker had 19 markers and even Boris Diaw played like a star with 8 points and 9 assists. Patty Mills (14 points) and Manu Ginobili (7 points) contributed off the bench as well.
The rattled Heat never got anything going outside LeBron. Dwyane Wade missed 10-of-13 shots for 10 points and Chris Bosh failed to leave a mark with his dozen points. Veterans Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers and Rashard Lewis were also largely ineffective in the blowout loss.
The Heat will try to extend the series on Sunday (Monday morning Australia) with the series shifting back to San Antonio.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the 2014 NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers