Man Who Created Viral Music Video of ‘All By Myself’ While Stranded in Airport Gets Personal Invitation From Celine Dion [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | June 13, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Celine Dion has issued an invitation to the man stuck alone in an airport. The Canadian songstress has watched the now-viral video created by Richard Dunn, who turned his lonely night at a Las Vegas airport into a music video of Celine’s classic ballad “All By Myself.”
The clip shows Richard alone in at the McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas at night. Instead of moping around during his unexpected alone time, he created an amazing music video with his iPhone, featuring himself lip synching Celine’s 1996 cover of the original Eric Carmen song.
The over five-minute clip was played over 11 million times on Vimeo since it was uploaded on Sunday.
Celine was among the millions who viewed and enjoyed the clip, calling it “hilarious.”
“Hi Richard! I’d have to say that the video is hilarious and very touching. I loved it,” the 46-year-old multiple Grammy winner said in her own video.
“But next time, when you’re stuck all by yourself at a Las Vegas airport for hours and hours, please be my guest at my show. And by the way, Richard, you’re more than welcome to use my bathroom,” Celine continued, perhaps referring to a scene in Richard’s music video, in which he sat outside a women’s comfort room.
That would likely be great news to Richard, who admitted to CBC News that Celine is his guilty pleasure.
Richard, a lighting designer for corporate entertainment, said that he was on his way home from a ten-day work trip in Vegas on June 5 when he was offered U$900 in vouchers to skip two consecutive Delta Air Lines flights.
He took the offer and stayed at the airport to wait for the next available flight at 6 am the following day.
For those wondering, he shot the video by securing his iPhone with tape to luggage bags and movable objects like a wheelchair. In one note-hitting scene in which he is seen at the bottom of an escalator while the camera zooms out, he explained that he strapped the camera to a bag and set it on the escalator.
He then had to sprint to the top to catch the bag before it got stuck in the escalator.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family