Man Who Created Viral Music Video of ‘All By Myself’ While Stranded in Airport Gets Personal Invitation From Celine Dion [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | June 13, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Celine Dion has issued an invitation to the man stuck alone in an airport. The Canadian songstress has watched the now-viral video created by Richard Dunn, who turned his lonely night at a Las Vegas airport into a music video of Celine’s classic ballad “All By Myself.”
The clip shows Richard alone in at the McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas at night. Instead of moping around during his unexpected alone time, he created an amazing music video with his iPhone, featuring himself lip synching Celine’s 1996 cover of the original Eric Carmen song.
The over five-minute clip was played over 11 million times on Vimeo since it was uploaded on Sunday.
Celine was among the millions who viewed and enjoyed the clip, calling it “hilarious.”
“Hi Richard! I’d have to say that the video is hilarious and very touching. I loved it,” the 46-year-old multiple Grammy winner said in her own video.
“But next time, when you’re stuck all by yourself at a Las Vegas airport for hours and hours, please be my guest at my show. And by the way, Richard, you’re more than welcome to use my bathroom,” Celine continued, perhaps referring to a scene in Richard’s music video, in which he sat outside a women’s comfort room.
That would likely be great news to Richard, who admitted to CBC News that Celine is his guilty pleasure.
Richard, a lighting designer for corporate entertainment, said that he was on his way home from a ten-day work trip in Vegas on June 5 when he was offered U$900 in vouchers to skip two consecutive Delta Air Lines flights.
He took the offer and stayed at the airport to wait for the next available flight at 6 am the following day.
For those wondering, he shot the video by securing his iPhone with tape to luggage bags and movable objects like a wheelchair. In one note-hitting scene in which he is seen at the bottom of an escalator while the camera zooms out, he explained that he strapped the camera to a bag and set it on the escalator.
He then had to sprint to the top to catch the bag before it got stuck in the escalator.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015