Man Who Created Viral Music Video of ‘All By Myself’ While Stranded in Airport Gets Personal Invitation From Celine Dion [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | June 13, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Celine Dion has issued an invitation to the man stuck alone in an airport. The Canadian songstress has watched the now-viral video created by Richard Dunn, who turned his lonely night at a Las Vegas airport into a music video of Celine’s classic ballad “All By Myself.”
The clip shows Richard alone in at the McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas at night. Instead of moping around during his unexpected alone time, he created an amazing music video with his iPhone, featuring himself lip synching Celine’s 1996 cover of the original Eric Carmen song.
The over five-minute clip was played over 11 million times on Vimeo since it was uploaded on Sunday.
Celine was among the millions who viewed and enjoyed the clip, calling it “hilarious.”
“Hi Richard! I’d have to say that the video is hilarious and very touching. I loved it,” the 46-year-old multiple Grammy winner said in her own video.
“But next time, when you’re stuck all by yourself at a Las Vegas airport for hours and hours, please be my guest at my show. And by the way, Richard, you’re more than welcome to use my bathroom,” Celine continued, perhaps referring to a scene in Richard’s music video, in which he sat outside a women’s comfort room.
That would likely be great news to Richard, who admitted to CBC News that Celine is his guilty pleasure.
Richard, a lighting designer for corporate entertainment, said that he was on his way home from a ten-day work trip in Vegas on June 5 when he was offered U$900 in vouchers to skip two consecutive Delta Air Lines flights.
He took the offer and stayed at the airport to wait for the next available flight at 6 am the following day.
For those wondering, he shot the video by securing his iPhone with tape to luggage bags and movable objects like a wheelchair. In one note-hitting scene in which he is seen at the bottom of an escalator while the camera zooms out, he explained that he strapped the camera to a bag and set it on the escalator.
He then had to sprint to the top to catch the bag before it got stuck in the escalator.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar