Sony Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet New 17.1.1.A.0.438 Firmware Certified; Xperia M Dual 15.5.A.1.5 With Xperia Themes Out
By Ryan Inoyori | June 13, 2014 1:52 PM EST
PTCRB certified a new firmware build for the Sony Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet which run Android 4.4.2 KitKat and may contain important bug-fixing patches. Meanwhile, the Sony Xperia M Dual gets a new firmware build, 15.5.A.1.5, rolling out that features Xperia Themes support.
New Firmware for Sony Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet
PTCRB certified a new firmware for Sony Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet with build version 17.1.1.A.0.438 which will update the devices from 17.1.1.A.0.402. However, the software is only an incremental update based on the slight change on its numeral.
But the new firmware version may contain the following important bug fixes for issues reported by users, especially with Sony Xperia Z2, according to XperiaBlog:
1. 4K video recording overheating related to processing and microSD card type
2. Sound bug related to inconsistency of external and internal speakers on the music player, notifications and alarm
3. Heating issues whenever the camera app is active
4. Battery drain found on Android KitKat 14.3.A.0.681 firmware build version
5. Some cases of sluggish and slow camera performance
6. Memory card restrictions applied by Android KitKat as default
7. Lack of audio output for incoming call, message and other notifications on the dual front stereo speakers.
Although the new firmware has been certified in June 12, there is no confirmation yet of the rollout date or if the firmware version is final. Moreover, no information has been released regarding changes and improvements that will be implemented for the Xperia Z2 and th eXperia Z2 Tablet.
Sony Xperia M Dual New Update
Users of the Sony Xperia M Dual C200X can now download and install a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware with build version 15.5.A.1.5 which will move the device from 15.5.A.0.18. It contains one of the most important features on Android 4.3 called Xperia Themes which allow users to download compatible themes using Sony Select or Google Play Store.
In addition to Xperia Themes, the following are the changes of hte new firmware build version provided by Sony Mobile:
1. Enhanced user experience
2. Improved battery life
3. Software performance improvements.
The Sony Xperia M Dual will continue to enjoy all other features with Android 4.3 such as Smart Social Camera, Project Butter and a new user interface. The smartphone remains under Android Jelly Bean version and Sony Mobile has no updates yet regarding any plans for Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6