iOS 7.1.1 Unlocker First then iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date as Cydia Gets Key Upgrades – Reports
By Erik Pineda | June 13, 2014 1:33 PM EST
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the IOS 8 operating system during his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
In a Facebook status, the people behind Cydia called on the jailbreak community to experience the fresh upgrades by simply "open up Cydia, let it refresh data ... and install the updates."
The group added that packed with the smoother Cydia are the following:
- Additional features
- Bug fixes
- Enhanced user interface
- More language packs
- And redesigned iOS 7 icons
To sum up, the jump will reflect a more stable and user-friendly Cydia upon installation of the update file and to check a rundown of the improvements, the post pointed to this link.
Now with this important jailbreak development, does it follow that the next iOS unlocking tool is coming any sooner?
So far the signs leading to an iOS 8 or at least an iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak are vague. What's clear though is the former is indeed open for serious tinkering and such attempts could prove successful as shown by the latest Twitter post by Stefan Esser, otherwise known as@i0n1c.
While the dev is not expected to do the work that Team Evad3rs is likely on now, his statements lately translated to the likelihood of an iOS 8 jailbreak as exploits and workarounds seem to be present in the same way prior to Apple's deployment of iOS 7.1.1.
In a Reddit discussion thread, iH8Snow appears confident that both iOS 7.1.1 and iOS 8 are open to jailbreaks. For instance, early study of beta build number one of iOS 8 in particular led iH8Snow to conclude that "there does not look like there are many setbacks to make that (jailbreak) impossible."
Evasi0n watchers, however, the tool to become available soon as the earliest jailbreak arrival could be right after the official iOS 8 build is let out, which will coincide with the iPhone 6 release date. Apple is expected to finalise iOS 7.1.1 once the first non-beta iOS 8 version is out.
Then the Evad3rs can go ahead, do their work and issue the iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak shortly.
As for the creation of iOS 8 jailbreak, jailbreakers don't expect it to happen until the last weeks of December 2014 or around the same time that Apple deployed iOS 7.1, which paved the way for the distribution of Evasi0n7.
That should be the same cue for an iOS jailbreak release date this 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon