Premier League News: Everton Seals a New Deal with Current Manager
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Everton FC have had current manager Roberto Martinez pen a five-year deal, that will see him take charge of Goodison Park until 2019.
The Spaniard almost led the Toffees to a top-four finish, which would have made them qualify for a spot in the Champions League, but just fell short during the late stretch of the 2013/14 season, managing to finish only fifth with European football still in store, nonetheless.
“I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton.” - Roberto Martinez
"I am really excited about next season," the 40-year-old told uefa.com.
"I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton."
"I loved my first season at the club. I could not be more proud of the way Everton performed throughout the entire season and the memories we were able to make together. I am really excited about next season. I knew from the moment I arrived at Everton that this was a special place."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup