Premier League News: Everton Seals a New Deal with Current Manager
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Everton FC have had current manager Roberto Martinez pen a five-year deal, that will see him take charge of Goodison Park until 2019.
The Spaniard almost led the Toffees to a top-four finish, which would have made them qualify for a spot in the Champions League, but just fell short during the late stretch of the 2013/14 season, managing to finish only fifth with European football still in store, nonetheless.
“I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton.” - Roberto Martinez
"I am really excited about next season," the 40-year-old told uefa.com.
"I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton."
"I loved my first season at the club. I could not be more proud of the way Everton performed throughout the entire season and the memories we were able to make together. I am really excited about next season. I knew from the moment I arrived at Everton that this was a special place."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money