Premier League News: Everton Seals a New Deal with Current Manager
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Everton FC have had current manager Roberto Martinez pen a five-year deal, that will see him take charge of Goodison Park until 2019.
The Spaniard almost led the Toffees to a top-four finish, which would have made them qualify for a spot in the Champions League, but just fell short during the late stretch of the 2013/14 season, managing to finish only fifth with European football still in store, nonetheless.
“I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton.” - Roberto Martinez
"I am really excited about next season," the 40-year-old told uefa.com.
"I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton."
"I loved my first season at the club. I could not be more proud of the way Everton performed throughout the entire season and the memories we were able to make together. I am really excited about next season. I knew from the moment I arrived at Everton that this was a special place."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage