Premier League News: Everton Seals a New Deal with Current Manager
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Everton FC have had current manager Roberto Martinez pen a five-year deal, that will see him take charge of Goodison Park until 2019.
The Spaniard almost led the Toffees to a top-four finish, which would have made them qualify for a spot in the Champions League, but just fell short during the late stretch of the 2013/14 season, managing to finish only fifth with European football still in store, nonetheless.
“I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton.” - Roberto Martinez
"I am really excited about next season," the 40-year-old told uefa.com.
"I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to make a further commitment to Everton."
"I loved my first season at the club. I could not be more proud of the way Everton performed throughout the entire season and the memories we were able to make together. I am really excited about next season. I knew from the moment I arrived at Everton that this was a special place."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change