Pakistani Brothers Jailed For 'Cannibalism Raps,' Cook ‘Baby Curry’
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 13, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Two Pakistani siblings are currently facing 11 years of jail sentence for cooking and eating "baby curry."
The suspected "cannibal" brothers were identified as Farman Ali and Mohammad Arif. They are residents of Darya Khan Village located 300 km south of the country's capital. Both were arrested in April 2014 after the local police discovered the child's head in their home, according to a report.
Neighbors complained of a foul smell spreading in the area. This was the key to the crime's discovery. Police officers raided the suspect's house and spotted the child's head. Arif did not deny his crime, affirming they made curry out of the baby's corpse and ate it. He also admitted it was his brother who stole the corpse from a graveyard in the village.
The case is not the first cannibalism attempt of the siblings who also faced the same raps in 2011. They were imprisoned for two years and were released in 2013. Since there was no specific penal code in Pakistan that rules regarding cannibalism, the court pleaded them guilty of corpse desecration and offenses by causing public disorder.
In the previous case in 2011, police found a body of 24-year-old woman who died of cancer in the brothers' house. One of her legs had been cut-off as they had been reportedly eaten.
"The anti-terrorist court today sentenced them each to 11 years and four months of hard labour," Shakir Hussain Dawar, a local police officer, told AFP in a report by NineMSN.
Arif is already detained and will undergo psychiatric testing. His brother Ali is still hunted down by the district police.
According to the police, the men's family left those years ago and they were living in isolation.
Meanwhile, the brothers' case is not the lone disturbing cannibalism report to happen recently. Gregory Scott Hale of Tennessee is facing jail for killing and eating a woman and leaving a disturbing trail of the crime in social media, Huffington Post reported.
In his Facebook posts, Hale joked on whether a vegetarian person would taste like soy meat. He has been known to be a fan of serial killer Richard Ramirez who died in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon