‘Iron Man 4’ Casting News: Jon Favreau Hopes Robert Downey Jr. Reprises Iron Man Role in Movie Franchise [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 13, 2014 1:04 PM EST
Actor Robert Downey Jr. has hinted in an interview with Variety that a younger actor will eventually replace him in portraying Tony Stark or Iron Man. However, Jon Favreau became the voice of the Iron Man fans in expressing the hope that the "Avengers" star will still reprise the role in the movie franchise.
Robert Downey Jr. arrives at the screening of the film "Marvel's The Avengers" for the closing night of the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival in New York
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Actor JR Bourne Talks about His Character Chris Argent Struggling after Allison's Death
Sandra Bullock, Chris Evans Dating Reports: Actress Sandra Bullock Pokes Fun at Dating Reports with 'Captain America' Actor
At the premiere of his latest film titled "Chef," Jon Favreau talked about Robert Downey Jr. portraying Iron Man on the big screen. The 47-year-old actor/director thinks that even though Robert Downey Jr. has already been Iron Man for quite some time now, fans would still want to see the man that brought Iron Man to life continue in portraying the superhero character.
"I've had a few movies off, so it's a lot easier for me to say that it should be done. I hope he continues doing it and, as long as he fits in that suit, there's no reason he shouldn't," Favreau stated in the Comic Book report. Jon Favreau directed "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2" and also got the chance to act with Robert Downey Jr. as he portrayed the character Happy Hogan in the "Iron Man" films.
In the Variety interview, Robert Downey Jr. talked about his future in the movie franchise as the "genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist" Tony Stark. According to the 49-year-old actor, the smart money is to look at the age of the cast members.
"I'll put myself at the top of the list. Sooner or later, they've got to start over and get somebody young," Robert Downey Jr. stated in the Design & Trend report. "When you really think about it at the end of the day, these films are entertainment largely driven by young folks. There is something very honorable about that. I run into kids wearing 'Captain America' masks. My kid believes that Captain America is real," the actor further added.
Meanwhile, fans can still watch actor Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark or Iron Man in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." The film, which also stars Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson and Nick Fury, is scheduled to open in movie theaters on May 1, 2015.
Credit: YouTube/Flicks And The City
More Articles to Read:
'Avengers 2' Casting News: James Spader Talks about Eccentric Role, Josh Brolin to Voice Villain Thanos in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' - [READ]
Batman vs. Superman News: Actress Emily Blunt Linked to Catwoman Role, Commissioner Jim Gordon Could Make an Appearance in Upcoming Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia