Viral Video 'Dumb and Dumber To' Official Trailer [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 13, 2014 1:02 PM EST
Two days after the official trailer of The Farrelly Brother's "Dumb and Dumber To" was released via "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", the video already amassed over 6.1 million views at YouTube.
The hilarious and funny movie is a sequel of the 20-year old movie "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Meet Lloyd" which was released during the Christmas weekend in 1994.
Both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels have returned in the movie sequel as the lead stars and the movie directors. In the 2.40-minute movie trailer, Lloyd Christmas (played by Jim Carrey) had been unresponsive for the past two decades just for the sake of playing gag with Harry Dunne (played by Jeff Daniels).
It also showed a scene where Harry and Lloyd checked out a post card from a girl who informed Harry that she was pregnant only to realize that the postcard was dated 1991. When they checked out the sender of the postcard, they were informed that the baby was already given up for adoption as a child. Instead, they were just given a picture of a young lady.
Keeping true to the movie title, Harry was instructed by the girl's adoptive father to call his child. When he dialed the girl's number, Lloyd pick up the phone ringing at the floor near him without the two realising that they had been talking to each other while sitting side by side at the couch.
The trailer also showed the offensive granny scene where Lloyd was playing OB-Gyne to the granny who taught she was delivering a triplet.
Just like the original movie, "Dumb and Dumber To" also received different comments from movie critics who have watched the trailer. According to Scott Mendelson of Forbes, the perfectly comical "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Meet Lloyd" was an iconic cinematic classic worthy of reminiscing. If "Dumb and Dumber To" will indeed come out as a comic gem, he will be the first one to proclaim such. Although Mendelson cautioned that he could still be grumpy if the movie will not live up to his expectations based on the trailer.
Meanwhile, Danny Walker of Mirror cited is immediate impressions upon watching the "Dumb and Dumber To" movie trailer. He stated that the movie will definitely be funnier than "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Meet Lloyd." He also stated that the movie sequel is just as disgusting as prequel and that both Harry and Lloyd are just as stupid. "I like it a lot," he stated.
"Dumb and Dumber To" will be released on Nov. 14, 2014.
Watch the Video "Dumb and Dumber To"' trailer on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal