Google Doodle Features FIFA World Cup 2014
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 13, 2014 12:48 PM EST
In celebration of the FIFA World Cup in Brazil, Google treats visitors to the search engine homepage with a doodle of a dancing tree person on the letter l and e of the word Google. The doodle can be seen in all countries across all continents.
(L-R) Singers Jennifer Lopez, Claudia Leitte and Pitbull perform during the opening ceremony of the 2014 World Cup at the Corinthians arena in Sao Paulo June 12, 2014.
According to a recent blog from Google, the company has Google Now which can let users to stay updated on their favorite teams. It also has Google Trends which provides real-time guide to the players, teams and moments. It has also updated the Google Maps with street view of the 12 stadiums and the streets in Brazil.
According to a video courtesy of CBC, the FIFA World Cup Opening kicked off with a giant ball at the center of the Itaquerao Stadium displaying all the languages. Then dancers in colorful outfits depicting various flowers and plants had their elaborate production number around the giant ball. Part also of the production number showed two persons jumping at the trampoline and a dancer holding a paddle inside a boat being carried by several people.
There were also a production number that showcased the various Latin dances. In another production number participants wore football colors and a circle depicting a football over their head. While their production number was going on, the flag of different countries were shown at the giant ball. Then the Brazilian flag was brought just below the giant ball.
The giant ball opened up and Jennifer Lopez, rapper Pitbull and pop star Claudia Leitte were revealed from the inside. The three sang the World Cup theme "We Are One" while moving around the giant stage.
The opening ceremony was followed by a match between Brazil and Croatia from Group A to the score of 3-1 in favour of Brazil. Two out of the three scores in Brazil came from Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior.
For June 13 matches listed at the FIFA Web site, the first game will be between Mexico and Cameroon for group A. The game will be held at Estadio das Dunas Natal at 1:00 local time. It will be followed by a match between Spain and Netherlands for group B at Arena Fonte Nova Salvador 4:00 local time. The last match for the day will be between Chile and Australia also on group B at Arena Pantanal Cuiaba at 6:00 P.M. local time.
To watch the video of the World Cup opening production number from CBC, please click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family