EA at E3 2014: Highlights and Sneak Peeks for ‘The Sims 4,’ ‘FIFA 15’ and ‘Star Wars Battlefront’
By Gel Galang | June 13, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Electronic Arts has seen quite a number of reveals on the show floor during the E3 2014, and a number of titles, sequels and anticipated games found their way to gamers' radars with new sneak peeks.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
Among these games is "The Sims 4," which seems to be aiming for both refreshing the franchise and incorporating big changes for a better gameplay experience. Joystiq lists down a couple of major improvements, starting with the very convenient The Gallery feature, which is a seamless way to get and browse for new content.
There's also an improvement on customisation, as you have a wider array of choices in creating your characters that are more specific to any other "Sims" game before. And this isn't limited to the physical looks, as "The Sims 4" also goes deep into personality creation--you now really know if a Sim is really happy or really mad, which also helps in progressing their lives, as how emotions will affect real life.
EA has announced that it will be rolling out "The Sims 4" on September 2 on the PC. And since "The Sims 4" has been created on new technology, the content that you've already established on "The Sims 4" won't be transferable.
'FIFA 15' Heading to Most Platforms
The (surprise) promise was fulfilled after EA teased that "FIFA 15" will be shown at E3 2014 a few days before the event. The first official gameplay trailer was showcased on the E3 floor, as seen below.
A few tweaks in the game have also been executed when compared to the previous instalments of the game. Unlike "The Sims 4," "FIFA 15" is looking at smaller improvements. Telegraph mentions that the most significant of changes is in the AI, which is more on the adaptive side and the effect of player emotion on how a game is played.
"Your AI teammates and opponents now recognize what's happening in the match and will adjust their tactics just like real players. Park the Bus, In The Mixer, and Time Wasting are some of the Team Tactics you'll come up against in 'FIFA 15,'" says the official EA page for "FIFA 15.
This is potentially affected by the touted emotional intelligence of the game, boasting more than 600 new emotional reactions based on real life. As usual, since the game is also debuting on next-gen consoles, details in character models are very particular and realistic to make "FIFA 15" feel like a game played by real players on screen.
GameSpot adds that preorders are already out for "FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition," which will give you the $40 worth of content featuring the Ultimate Team mode, Football Club items and celebrations.
"FIFA 15" will debut on the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on September 23 in North America and September 25 in Europe.
'Star Wars: Battlefront' from DICE
The "Star Wars: Battlefront" may not have given a lot of gameplay sneak peeks at its E3 2014 trailer reveal, but it does feature one thing: the team and their efforts going into the project.
From DICE handling the franchise to Amy Hennig being the creative director for the title, it seems to be shaping up to become the game that "Star Wars" fans are looking for.
"'Star Wars Battlefront is being developed by DICE on Frostbite 3. Our vision for the franchise will surprise and delight fans yet again. We are inventing a new experience inside this beloved universe made with our signature DICE craftsmanship and commitment to excellence," said DICE over at their official Web site.
So far, what's known about the newest installment of the "Star Wars: Battlefront" involves "larger-than-life battles," vehicle physics and more intense gameplay, as this will now be rendered for next-gen consoles.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date