FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #11 Argentina vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 13, 2014 11:26 AM EST
Argentina 2 Bosnia-Herzegovina 1
Argentina's Lionel Messi stretches during a training session in preparation for 2014 World Cup at Ciudade Do Galo grounds in Belo Horizonte June 12, 2014.
The eleventh match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Argentina and Bosnia-Herzegovina. While the South American giant will start the tournament as one of the favourites, Bosnia-Herzegovina is among those teams that football fans have hardly any hopes for.
Argentina: Argentina is one of the strongest contenders to lift the cup with a certain Lionel Messi who is arguably considered to be the greatest footballer of all time. Messi has already said that his country has waited long enough for another world cup since 1986. This match against Bosnia-Herzegovina will show how organised Argentina can be against a team which can hardly match their excellence. Argentina scored several goals in their pre-world cup matches against Trinidad and Tobago (3-0) and Slovenia (2-0). It did not concede any goals, and Messi scored.
Bosnia-Herzegovina: This is the first world cup for the south-eastern European nation. Bosnia-Herzegovina has a weak defence but talented strikers like Vedad Ibisevic and Edin Dzeko can score against any team. It defeated Mexico (1-0) and Ivory Coast (2-1) in its pre-world cup friendly. That should be a huge morale boost for the team. However, it faced Argentina in November 2013 when it lost (0-2). If this team has any chance against Argentina, the Ibisevic-Dzeko combination must work.
Head to Head
These two teams played against each other twice before. Argentina scored 7 goals and won the matches without conceding any.
Argentina: Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain and Sergio Aguero
Bosnia-Herzegovina: Vedad Ibisevic & Edin Dzeko
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 7 pm (local time) on June 15, which means it is 8 am on June 16 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Maracanã - Estádio Jornalista Mário Filho in Rio De Janeiro.
Argentina will use this match to warm up for the bigger ones. It will play clean, attacking but moderate football. It is simply unfair that Bosnia-Herzegovina has Argentina to fight against in its first ever world cup match. Messi will score. The final score will be 2-0 in favour of Alejandro Sabella's team.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]