FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #11 Argentina vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 13, 2014 11:26 AM EST
Argentina 2 Bosnia-Herzegovina 1
Argentina's Lionel Messi stretches during a training session in preparation for 2014 World Cup at Ciudade Do Galo grounds in Belo Horizonte June 12, 2014.
The eleventh match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Argentina and Bosnia-Herzegovina. While the South American giant will start the tournament as one of the favourites, Bosnia-Herzegovina is among those teams that football fans have hardly any hopes for.
Argentina: Argentina is one of the strongest contenders to lift the cup with a certain Lionel Messi who is arguably considered to be the greatest footballer of all time. Messi has already said that his country has waited long enough for another world cup since 1986. This match against Bosnia-Herzegovina will show how organised Argentina can be against a team which can hardly match their excellence. Argentina scored several goals in their pre-world cup matches against Trinidad and Tobago (3-0) and Slovenia (2-0). It did not concede any goals, and Messi scored.
Bosnia-Herzegovina: This is the first world cup for the south-eastern European nation. Bosnia-Herzegovina has a weak defence but talented strikers like Vedad Ibisevic and Edin Dzeko can score against any team. It defeated Mexico (1-0) and Ivory Coast (2-1) in its pre-world cup friendly. That should be a huge morale boost for the team. However, it faced Argentina in November 2013 when it lost (0-2). If this team has any chance against Argentina, the Ibisevic-Dzeko combination must work.
Head to Head
These two teams played against each other twice before. Argentina scored 7 goals and won the matches without conceding any.
Argentina: Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain and Sergio Aguero
Bosnia-Herzegovina: Vedad Ibisevic & Edin Dzeko
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 7 pm (local time) on June 15, which means it is 8 am on June 16 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Maracanã - Estádio Jornalista Mário Filho in Rio De Janeiro.
Argentina will use this match to warm up for the bigger ones. It will play clean, attacking but moderate football. It is simply unfair that Bosnia-Herzegovina has Argentina to fight against in its first ever world cup match. Messi will score. The final score will be 2-0 in favour of Alejandro Sabella's team.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6