‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Spoilers: Plot Details, Scarlet Witch And Quicksilver Scene
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 10:03 AM EST
Production of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is halfway done and plot details are slowly beginning to emerge, with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch picking up their scene right after the mid-credit sequence in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."
Robert Downey Jr. arrives at the screening of the film "Marvel's The Avengers" for the closing night of the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival in New York
Warning: Heavy Spoilers Ahead For "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
Scenes in the first 20 minutes of "Avengers: Age of Ultron," according to latino-review, take place immediately after the Baron Von Strucker post-credit scene in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." The opening scene finds the Avengers raiding Baron Von Strucker's Hydra outpost. However, Von Strucker (Thomas Kretschmann) is not defenseless since he has Loki's staff and the Chitauri weaponry. According to geektyrant, he also has the corpse of a Leviathan seen in "Avengers."
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver join the cast of "Avengers: Age of Ultron." The raid scene shows them fighting alongside Von Strucker to defeat the Avengers. In the ensuing battle, Scarlet Witch uses her powers to cast a spell on Hulk to make him think that the Leviathan is still alive (cue Hulk smash).
Eventually, the Avengers win. They capture the bad guys including Von Strucker, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. They also retrieve Loki's staff from Von Strucker. The Avengers then heads back to the newly dubbed "Avengers Tower" to celebrate their victory.
At some point during the celebration scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the Avengers attempts to pick up Thor's hammer, the Mjolnir. Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) tries his luck only to ruin a suit's arm in his attempt. In the comics, Captain America has been known to be able to pick up Thor's hammer. But in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" he only manages to budge it. However, there may be some form of payoff for this scene later in the movie, since movie director Joss Whedon knows that in the comics Captain America can pick up the Mjolnir.
In a previous interview with Total Film, Mark Rufallo, who plays Hulk in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," said that his role will be "even bigger than last time, and it's more complex and it has more layers and a bit more arc."
As to how complex, viewers would soon learn that Bruce Banner (Hulk) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) have feelings for each other. This affection is evident during the celebration scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." However, Banner is afraid to consummate anything with Black Widow for fear of hurting her. Banner doesn't trust himself with Black Widow because of Hulk. The Hulk, while a part of Banner, is a character unto himself.
The celebration scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" also revealed that Jane (Natalie Portman) is no longer with Thor. Thor is seen watching Jane from a distance while she is at a bar talking to Richard (Chris O' Dowd's character from "Thor: The Dark World").
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be dense with a running time of over two hours, reports latino-review. It will open in US theatres on May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate