‘Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 9: 'The Watchers on the Wall' Giant Is Real, Former Basketball Player
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 9:44 AM EST
One of the giants who made his way into the inner gate wall in the Season 4, Episode 9 of "Game of Thrones' entitled The Watchers on the Wall" is a real giant and a former basketball player.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode.
"Game of Thrones: The Watchers on the Wall" focuses on the wall being attacked on both sides by mammoths, wildlings and giants. One of the giants is former North Carolina and Holly Cross big man named Neil Fingleton, reports sportingnews.
Fingleton's appearance in "Game of Thrones: The Watchers on the Wall" was confirmed by a twitter post and the end credits of the "Game of Thrones" episode.
Neil Fingleton is certainly a giant with his height of seven feet and five inches. His appearance in "Game of Thrones: The Watchers on the Wall' is among his lists of movie cameos. He also appeared as a giant, a warrior or a body guard in a handful of TV shows and movies including "X-Men: First Class" and "47 Ronin."
Neil Fingleton is among those who fell short of expectations among the most highly recruited basketball players, reports yahoo. However, unlike Renardo Sidney, Lenny Cooke and Chris Burgess, who quickly faded from the public eye, Fingleton has established his name as one of the world's tallest actor. He thought that he had to embark on a second career since his basketball career did not progress as far as many once expected.
A native of Durham, England, Fingleton attended high school in Massachusetts where he earned a spot on the 2000 McDonald's All-American team. He eventually signed with North Carolina after an intense recruiting battle. A back injury postponed Neil Fingleton's Tar Heels debut for a year. He only played one game in Chapel Hill before eventually transferring to Holy Cross.
Neil Fingleton graduated from Holy Cross in 2004 and thereafter played as a reserve center for two years. He also played pro-basketball overseas for three years before embarking on a new career path - acting.
Neil Fingleton not only acts, he also owns a clothing business catering to big and tall men like him, whom anyone would consider a giant.
In 2011, Neil Fingleton told Holy Cross magazine that his "ultimate goal" is to be able to work as a full-time actor. However, the scope of his roles is limited because of his height.
Yahoo reports that a cameo in "Game of Thrones" is a step in Neil Fingleton's goal. And the publicity he has received for the cameo should also help.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best