‘Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 9: 'The Watchers on the Wall' Giant Is Real, Former Basketball Player
By Tanya Diente | June 13, 2014 9:44 AM EST
One of the giants who made his way into the inner gate wall in the Season 4, Episode 9 of "Game of Thrones' entitled The Watchers on the Wall" is a real giant and a former basketball player.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode.
"Game of Thrones: The Watchers on the Wall" focuses on the wall being attacked on both sides by mammoths, wildlings and giants. One of the giants is former North Carolina and Holly Cross big man named Neil Fingleton, reports sportingnews.
Fingleton's appearance in "Game of Thrones: The Watchers on the Wall" was confirmed by a twitter post and the end credits of the "Game of Thrones" episode.
Neil Fingleton is certainly a giant with his height of seven feet and five inches. His appearance in "Game of Thrones: The Watchers on the Wall' is among his lists of movie cameos. He also appeared as a giant, a warrior or a body guard in a handful of TV shows and movies including "X-Men: First Class" and "47 Ronin."
Neil Fingleton is among those who fell short of expectations among the most highly recruited basketball players, reports yahoo. However, unlike Renardo Sidney, Lenny Cooke and Chris Burgess, who quickly faded from the public eye, Fingleton has established his name as one of the world's tallest actor. He thought that he had to embark on a second career since his basketball career did not progress as far as many once expected.
A native of Durham, England, Fingleton attended high school in Massachusetts where he earned a spot on the 2000 McDonald's All-American team. He eventually signed with North Carolina after an intense recruiting battle. A back injury postponed Neil Fingleton's Tar Heels debut for a year. He only played one game in Chapel Hill before eventually transferring to Holy Cross.
Neil Fingleton graduated from Holy Cross in 2004 and thereafter played as a reserve center for two years. He also played pro-basketball overseas for three years before embarking on a new career path - acting.
Neil Fingleton not only acts, he also owns a clothing business catering to big and tall men like him, whom anyone would consider a giant.
In 2011, Neil Fingleton told Holy Cross magazine that his "ultimate goal" is to be able to work as a full-time actor. However, the scope of his roles is limited because of his height.
Yahoo reports that a cameo in "Game of Thrones" is a step in Neil Fingleton's goal. And the publicity he has received for the cameo should also help.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories