New ‘Zilta’ Android Smartphone: 5 Inches Display, Dual-Sim, Quad-Core Processor, Price: US$189
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 13, 2014 9:39 AM EST
There is a new entrant in the Android smartphone category and it is called Zilta. According to BGR, two developers named Lari Numminen and Jukka Kekäläinen originally planned to enhance the user experience of Android OS by creating an app. In the process, they created a new Android phone instead of creating an app.
Their first venture was an Android app, which provides a simple user interface for apps that are most-used in a device. Apparently, this particular app was downloaded 10,000 times. But this time around, they created a device instead of an app called Zilta. This Zilta smartphone will hit the store shelves by December 2014. The price of this device is set for €139, which roughly translates to US$189 and AU$201.
The Zilta Android smartphone features a 5 inches screen, with a 960 x 540 pixels display resolution. The handset will run a forked version of the latest Android v4.4 OS. It is worth mentioning that the Nokia X also runs on a forked Android version.
The unique selling point of this device is the simplistic user interface. The overall screen will only contain six big icons for performing the routine every-day tasks. This includes icons for email, web browser, contacts, photos, messages, and one more for apps and settings.
Artem Klimkin, Zilta's marketing manager said, "When you look at it, the working principle of our device is entirely built around the law of the vital few (aka the Pareto principle), where the majority of the effects comes from the fewest causes." This is the main reason why Zilta's home screen has very few buttons.
The two developers have zeroed in on a Chinese manufacturer based out of Shenzhen to manufacture this phone. The upcoming Zilta Android phone is powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.3 GHz and it comes with 1 GB of RAM. In addition, the smartphone will sport a 5 MP rear-facing camera and a 2 MP front-facing camera unit. This device houses 1800 mAh battery unit and it supports dual-sim card. Even though, the internal memory capacity is only 4 GB, Zilta supports microSD card for further expansion.
Moreover, this phone is expected to be shipped before Christmas holiday season in Europe. Later, the phone will be launched in other countries.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]