Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Buries Hatchet by Complimenting T.I.’s Rap Skill
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 13, 2014 8:54 AM EST
Weeks after unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and rapper T.I. had an ugly encounter that resulted in exchange of blows, it seems the situation has eased and Money May appears ready to end their fight.
T.I. or Clifford Harris was jealous of Mayweather whom he thought was having sex and carrying an affair with his wife Tameka "Tiny" Harris. The rapper confronted the boxer in a restaurant, but even if cooler heads intervened, the two men continued their war by posts in their respective Instagram accounts.
On Thursday, Mayweather complimented T.I.'s rap skills, indicating his anger has dissipated, and opening the door to reconciliation. He was quoted at the premiere of Think Like a Man Too by Christian Post as saying, "I'm always going to be positive."
He then said, "T.I. is a cool rapper, he is a good rapper and I wish him nothing but the best."
It could be Money May's way of paying it forward for life's many blessings to the once poor boxer who has earned about $400 million since he became pro in 1996. Mayweather was just listed for the second year in a row by Forbes Magazine for being the highest-paid athlete in 2012 and 2013, earning $105 million for 72 minutes of boxing in September 2013 and May 2014.
But Mayweather's reconciliatory stance seems to be different when it comes to Top Rank Promotions boss Bob Arum whom he refused to do business with and with Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao whom he rejected as a ring opponent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS