Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Buries Hatchet by Complimenting T.I.’s Rap Skill
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 13, 2014 8:54 AM EST
Weeks after unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and rapper T.I. had an ugly encounter that resulted in exchange of blows, it seems the situation has eased and Money May appears ready to end their fight.
T.I. or Clifford Harris was jealous of Mayweather whom he thought was having sex and carrying an affair with his wife Tameka "Tiny" Harris. The rapper confronted the boxer in a restaurant, but even if cooler heads intervened, the two men continued their war by posts in their respective Instagram accounts.
On Thursday, Mayweather complimented T.I.'s rap skills, indicating his anger has dissipated, and opening the door to reconciliation. He was quoted at the premiere of Think Like a Man Too by Christian Post as saying, "I'm always going to be positive."
He then said, "T.I. is a cool rapper, he is a good rapper and I wish him nothing but the best."
It could be Money May's way of paying it forward for life's many blessings to the once poor boxer who has earned about $400 million since he became pro in 1996. Mayweather was just listed for the second year in a row by Forbes Magazine for being the highest-paid athlete in 2012 and 2013, earning $105 million for 72 minutes of boxing in September 2013 and May 2014.
But Mayweather's reconciliatory stance seems to be different when it comes to Top Rank Promotions boss Bob Arum whom he refused to do business with and with Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao whom he rejected as a ring opponent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes