Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Buries Hatchet by Complimenting T.I.’s Rap Skill
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 13, 2014 8:54 AM EST
Weeks after unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and rapper T.I. had an ugly encounter that resulted in exchange of blows, it seems the situation has eased and Money May appears ready to end their fight.
T.I. or Clifford Harris was jealous of Mayweather whom he thought was having sex and carrying an affair with his wife Tameka "Tiny" Harris. The rapper confronted the boxer in a restaurant, but even if cooler heads intervened, the two men continued their war by posts in their respective Instagram accounts.
On Thursday, Mayweather complimented T.I.'s rap skills, indicating his anger has dissipated, and opening the door to reconciliation. He was quoted at the premiere of Think Like a Man Too by Christian Post as saying, "I'm always going to be positive."
He then said, "T.I. is a cool rapper, he is a good rapper and I wish him nothing but the best."
It could be Money May's way of paying it forward for life's many blessings to the once poor boxer who has earned about $400 million since he became pro in 1996. Mayweather was just listed for the second year in a row by Forbes Magazine for being the highest-paid athlete in 2012 and 2013, earning $105 million for 72 minutes of boxing in September 2013 and May 2014.
But Mayweather's reconciliatory stance seems to be different when it comes to Top Rank Promotions boss Bob Arum whom he refused to do business with and with Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao whom he rejected as a ring opponent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia