Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Buries Hatchet by Complimenting T.I.’s Rap Skill
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 13, 2014 8:54 AM EST
Weeks after unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and rapper T.I. had an ugly encounter that resulted in exchange of blows, it seems the situation has eased and Money May appears ready to end their fight.
T.I. or Clifford Harris was jealous of Mayweather whom he thought was having sex and carrying an affair with his wife Tameka "Tiny" Harris. The rapper confronted the boxer in a restaurant, but even if cooler heads intervened, the two men continued their war by posts in their respective Instagram accounts.
On Thursday, Mayweather complimented T.I.'s rap skills, indicating his anger has dissipated, and opening the door to reconciliation. He was quoted at the premiere of Think Like a Man Too by Christian Post as saying, "I'm always going to be positive."
He then said, "T.I. is a cool rapper, he is a good rapper and I wish him nothing but the best."
It could be Money May's way of paying it forward for life's many blessings to the once poor boxer who has earned about $400 million since he became pro in 1996. Mayweather was just listed for the second year in a row by Forbes Magazine for being the highest-paid athlete in 2012 and 2013, earning $105 million for 72 minutes of boxing in September 2013 and May 2014.
But Mayweather's reconciliatory stance seems to be different when it comes to Top Rank Promotions boss Bob Arum whom he refused to do business with and with Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao whom he rejected as a ring opponent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports